Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard, PIneview, or Causey
Which does everyone think will be the best bet for tomorrow(Tues.), Pineview crappie and maybe a tiger, Causey ice off trout or willard wipers, and walleye.

I'm going somewhere I'm just not sure where[crazy]
[signature]
I hope that you choose Pine View, so you can give us a report from there. I hear that the crappie will be biting soon. The water may still be too cold for a week or so but fishing should pick up soon. Let us know how you do. DKS
[signature]
i really would like to know how willard is doing

hummm wipers
[signature]
O.K. I see that this has to be more interesting for you all to answer so, here goes I'll be fishing from shore wherever I go, and I'll go to the lake with the most votes so if you want a report on one of these lakes tomorrow speak up or its your own fault that you won't know nothing[Wink]

Thanks for playin
[signature]
from shore that almost makes me want to say ummm pineview but willard still wins
[signature]
I once caught over 100 crappie fishing from the north shore of Pine View on a cold early April morning. I bet it could be done again! DKS
[signature]
Pineview for crappie, I've had 100 fish days there.
[signature]
It depends, do you want to catch fish? It's way to early for crappie and wipers, if you want to catch fish, I'd say go to Causey. Ice out is a great time to fish causey, my son caught a 17in splake there last week, fishing a worm on the bottom. WH2
[signature]
What do you use for crappie up at Pineview? Thanks

Fishkid
[signature]
WH2 is right, it is still early for Pine View. When they do start to bite the standard rig for years has been a chartreuse grub jig with a pink head 1/16 oz or 1/32 oz under a bobber 4' to 8'. The trick is to retrieve very-very-very slow. No wake made by the bobber. Did I mention to retrieve very-very-very slow? I hope for a great year for crappie at Pine View this year.DKS
[signature]
Thank you for your help.

Fishkid
[signature]
DKSR is right about the jigs and the way you fish them, but the type I use are mister twister curly tail jigs in the same color and size that he mentioned. WH2
[signature]
When you're going for crappie with those little curly tails, do you tip it with anything?
[signature]
Nope you just bring it in very slowly and the crappie hit it.
[signature]

I have a co worker from Laos and he puts smelly jelly shad on his jigs.
[signature]
It is not too early for wipers, this week we had several good reports of Wipers being caught on the north end. White Zonkers for the fly fishers. White grubs for the spin fishers.

they didn't catch huge numbers of them but they were catching 5 to 10 a day.

Have not heard any Crappie reports yet, water temps need to get around 63.
[signature]
Maybe I should clarify myself by saying it is hard for me to be consistent this time of the year. We went out today and only caught one smallmouth at Willard, I guess I need to meet the people you know, so I can learn how to catch them early. WH2
[signature]
Nice smally WH2

then again they could be fibben to me,you know fisherman they always tell the trouth.[Wink]
[signature]
What do you use at willard for smallmouth and what part general part of the lake do you fish? Thanks

Fishkid
[signature]
Icefool is right, the action of the curly tail is all that it takes. When the crappie are on their beds they are very aggressive but you can catch them at other time with curly tail jigs if you can find them. Some fishermen can catch crappie all year long but most of us only try a catch them during the spawn.
Fishkid- We were using a nightcrawler and a jig yesterday but you can also catch them with standard smallmouth gear. We were fishing along the north dike when we caught that smallmouth yesterday but you can catch them anywhere that there is a rocky shore line. WH2
[signature]