Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a cooler better.
I hope you guys don't think this is a dumb post; but I thought this might help some folks. It's kind of like my idea of a wet hand made ditty bag to carry my catch which keeps em cool by evaporation only a different problem. I've always had a problem with my big cooler keeping ice, to keep my fish and food cool during hot weather for more than a couple of days. Well, my wife had this big sheet of 1" Styrofoam so ---- what I did is make a box (incling a top and bottom) to fit tightly inside my cooler. Walla! I spent 4 days fishing at the Gorge and still had more than 1/2 my ice, and things were a lot colder!!!! What do ya think? Already knew that right?[unimpressed] Well, I was impressed![Smile]

[crazy]Leaky
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey Leaky, us fishin' types are always looking for new ideas to make our lives easier. Keeping food and fish cool (and separate) is something we need to be mindful of.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Good thinking. Keep those million dollar ideas coming.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]PS...they laughed at Thomas Edison too. But, who has the most US patents and whose name does everybody remember (or should) whenever they turn on the lights?[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Good idea leaky. My biggest problem with coolers is they tend to warp and leave gaps. So did you seal the new foam inserts or did you just slide them in and cover with a lid.
[signature]
Hedge,

I'm sure that sealling would make it even better but I just placed the top (bevelled) on loose.

Leaky