Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JORDONELLE REPORT
Aquaman and I went to Jordonelle this morning,we arrived about 9AM and fished until 6PM.We caught 13 Smallmouth,and a bunch of Perch.They were taking senkos and spinner baits.Tried using curly tails rigged Texas style,but the perch kept bitting off the tails!See photos of one of the Smallies.
[signature]
[cool]Wow! Nice smallie, fishcrazy. Sounds like a great time out there on the nell. I've gotta get out there soon, but tomorrow it's chasing the big cat's at Lincoln Beach. Cheers.
[signature]
What were the crowds like up there today? I'm thinking of giving Rock Cliffs a try in the tube after work tomorrow afternoon,weather permitting.
[signature]
That is a nice fish! Thanks for the report, good luck on your next fishin' trip.
[signature]
there was qiit a bit of boats up there but you should be ok in the rockcliff area as it is wakeless see you the 17th
[signature]
Very nice fish, and great report. I love to fish for those brown bombers up at Jordanelle. Nails
[signature]
I figured I would post up a couple of the kids fish. [center][Image: BASS8424CustomImage0149568.jpg][/center] [center][Image: BASS8424CustomImage0136359.jpg][/center] [center] [/center]
[signature]
Love those big cats!Are they still spawning?
[signature]
O yeah,lots of power boats,jet skies,etc[crazy]
[signature]
Thanks,lots of luck to you also[Smile]
[signature]
Great photos,get the kids hooked on fishing keeps em out of trouble when they grow up
[signature]
Thanks nails,learned to throw spinners when the wind picks up.Never used spinner baits much,but they paid off on this trip!Useing them keeps you from being bothered by all the perch[Smile]
[signature]
Blades really are terrific when the wind is blowing onto a point or rocky area! Easy to throw, and they will fool some pretty big fish too. Glad you had fun, and got some fish. Nails
[signature]
Looks like you got ol Red trained up right, look at the way he lips that brownie! He's got the look of a fisherman too (trying to figure out a way to make that bass as long as his leg instead of 3/4 as long as his leg)! I have to believe that beauty takes after your wife, she is way too pretty a gal to be carrying many of your genes (obviously except for the fishing gene which she displays admirably!). Great pics, thanks for sharing! Nails
[signature]
I asked this question a little earlier on a separate post about Jordanelle, but what do you mean by "blades"? If you mean spinnerbaits, would you mind telling me the size of the spinnerbait you tend to fish most at Jordanelle?

Thanks,

PF
[signature]
As for size, it depends on how deep the fish are. Most of the time if the fish are up shallow (spring time, early and late in the day, etc.) 3/8 oz is a good size. Willow leaf blades are good for lots of flash and fast retrieves for covering shallow cover areas. Indiana or Colorado single blades in 1/2 5/8 or 3/4 oz are better for heavier deeper presentations, more thump, less flash. They seem to be easier to retrieve slow and deep, at least for me. Each one has a time and place where it is the most productive if fished to its strengths. If you fish at night, those bigger blades work good shallow too, the heavier vibration will help the fish find them (if you can find the fish! hahaha). Nails
[signature]