Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wife' First Grayling
We Hiked into the Uintas this weekend 4 miles in on the weber drainage took about 3 hours but well worth the climb. It is beautiful and green up there with plenty of water. Had the lake all to ourselfs. I threw a Blow Fly out and caught a pretty Cutt on the first cast, You know that is bad luck, I couldn't hook another even as I had another 50 strikes(small fish). The misses, working her butt off to lay the line out straight finally was able to hook up and to our suprise it was a 9" Grayling,not a big suprise, it was our purpose for the hike.I am not posting the name of the lake on purpose, not that it is a seceret but there are several lakes up there that have Grayling and it makes no sence pinpointing one.

Uintahs are the hot spot now it is a beautiful place to spend a day,Take the bug spray!
[signature]
Thanks for the report, I have 3 day weekends planned the next 2 weekends. Where did you get the blowfly imatation, what other flies do you recommend? I am thinking royal wulff's renegades, and mosquitoes. Also, did you take a fly pole up or did you put your fly behind a bubble?
[signature]
[size 2]Now that is fishing my friend!![/size]

[size 2]Congrat's to the wife!![/size]

[size 2]I used to love to fish grayling when I lived in Alaska, they are a great looking fish! I caught a 14" one on a catch and release body of water one time that was absolutely beautiful to look at but I did not have a camera with me [Sad][Sad] the wife still talks about it from time to time.[/size]
[signature]
Here is a picture of a blow fly I tied. Parachute ants work well,grizzly hackle peacock,grizzly hackle yellow,Renegades,wooly worms, you can pick up blow fly in kaysville.
[signature]