Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry report
Fished Strawberry Saturday with BEARCLAW. We first tried still fishing with fresh minnows on the Soldier Creek side, but the fish weren't interested. We then trolled Soldier Creek side some, and then the Strawberry side later. In between we tried casting some lures, and a little vertical jigging in the narrows -- fish weren't interested in that either. We did manage to catch some trolling, but not as many as I would have expected, and nothing over about 18 inches. Perhaps the full moon had something to do with that. BEARCLAW swore me to secrecy about bugging him about all of his long releases, so I won't bring that up. First time I had met Chad -- a real pleasure to fish with and a generous person.
[signature]
Fishing has slowed down at the Berry . I was wondering if it would of been better on the Soldier Creek side .Went fishing with MGB saturday . Fishing was best in the morning and evening . Caught 2 bows in the Narrows during the windfest in the afternoon , one jigging and one trolling . About 1 fish for 1.6 hours fishing . Slow day . Still boated over 20 fish for the day . One fish lost on a long line release , but lost my secret lure with it . And Bearclaw I not counting it . Got to get them close to the boat to count . LOL
[signature]
I didn't count any of those long releases. Even if I had, kent still had me beat. Kent kept trying to tangle me up so I couldn't catch up to him.[url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url] He even drug out the lead core and abandoned the down rigger in order to cross my line[url "javascript: addTag('sly')"][sly][/url].. Just kiddin', Kent was a gracious host and I really learned alot from him. Especially the minnow techniques.. Kent boated 13 and I had 9 with plenty of others being long released. If any of you haven't had the pleasure of being outfished by kent, I highly recommend it. [url "javascript: addTag('blush')"][blush][/url]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Never had that pleasure! HA![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Testing my memory banks -- I believe that on that "hot day" of fishing on that cold day on Bear Lake I caught about a 15" cutt and you caught one slightly smaller. Yes -- I sure outfished you that day (LOL).
[signature]
I fished Indian Creek Bay area Saturday morning. Fishing was slow,real slow. We managed 2 rainbows out of 4 poles. Caught them on worms and marshmellows. It was elbow to elbow over there so I thought at least we were in the right place. Oh well it sure is beautiful up there this time of year. My fingers even got cold and I really felt fall in the air.

MC
[signature]