Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
motor mount pics
here are the pics of how I decided to mount my trolling motor to my toon, it works really well,
jed
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Very creative. Looks like a solid mount, using the foot rests on the frame. I think a lot of guys would prefer to have the motor and the controls in front. The big consideration, of course, is whether you also want to kick with fins or row with the oars...and where do you put your feet?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]What kind of battery did you end up with, and how is it mounted?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I actually rest my feet on that mount and it is fine. As for the batteries I need to extend the cables, but I mount them in the open spaces on the edges of the hard deck. I have used it now as shown four times and at least for 6-7 hours each time and still haven't run out of juice on the battery. I have two of them that I ended up with. one is a 115 amp hour marine battery with a 205 minute reserve capacity and the other is a starter battery and I think it is just a general car battery like you would find in a taurus or something like that. you know you can always check it out first hand if you want to hit any bodies of water(Wink Wink). I am in orem, and am open most mornings until about 3:00 or so for work (at least until school starts and then it will change). My day off is monday.
jed
p.s.
thanks for all the pictures. That was perfect.
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Man, that 115 A/H battery is a horse. You could probably tow a skier with that baby...if your motor had the power. I think you scored a great deal with that setup.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We've gotta get together and get some jigs made up on those new molds you got too. Maybe we can include a few other folks that would like to see it done. Know anyplace we could get a few folks together?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
my backyard is pretty big and my wife wouldn't mind if you wanted to.
jed
[signature]
hey jed is the wife going to cook us dinner too[url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Hey Jed, I think we need to work out a mutually convenient time with PMs. Once we come up with something, we can announce it for anyone else who wants to show up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, I will probably do some "show and tell" in Salt Lake too, if anyone in the valley has some space available. The house I moved into temporarily is not big enough to handle even a small group.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The first session should be strictly setup and pouring of jig heads...with cleanup and preparation for painting. A second session could be different kinds of paint jobs and glitter painting. A third session might be on tieing bait bugs, marabou, hair and other dressed jigs.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Whaddaya think?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
How soon would you want to do it? I have a vacant property in West Valley and it has a large yard. Won't be vacant for meuch longer I hope [url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]
[signature]
if you chip in for the food she will,
jed
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]I should have all my goodies unpacked and organized by this coming weekend. Any evening next week would work for me, and it is close.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I can bring a couple of tables and the basic melting pot and molds. I can also bring lots of boxes of completed jig heads, with a wide range of colors and sizes to provide examples of the different things doable with that stuff.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The next step, for anyone interested, would be a series of 2 hour get togethers to work on "hands-on"...where everybody would get a chance to pour, trim and finish a dozen or so jig heads themselves. That's the best way to learn...by doing. And, once you have done it, you have a better feel for whether or not it is practical for you to make the investment in materials and tools.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I was talking to Jed about getting together to pour some heads on his new jig molds he just got. I wanted to demo the Lee Production Pot I use, as opposed to one of the simpler pouring ladle devices. That started out as a one on one thing, but I thought others might like to look on.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TD if you want to do one of these sessions is ogden we can do it in my garage theres plenty of room and work bench space...
[signature]
...and lots of BFT stickers and icons [url "javascript: addTag('angelic')"][angelic][/url]. It would make a great BFT club house [url "javascript: addTag('Smile')"][Smile][/url]
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Hey Bro, I figgered we'ed need to plan something for up there. Lots of BFTers in that zone, including a few that might like some input on jig making.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You and I can work out the schedule by PM and then post the announcement.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I got most of my toys and trinkets out of the boxes and arranged yesterday. You would like my "tackletorium". It is dark wood paneling and wallpaper. GET THIS. The wallpaper is NHRA racing motif, with race cars, sponsor logos, etc. Sorry, no #43 in the whole room. The guy that lived here before was evidently into racing.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url] Man thats really nice design yea got there. I wish i had seen that before i ordered my mount from bob marriots. damn the bad luck! It was probally cheaper to make too![url "javascript: addTag('pirate')"][pirate][/url]
[signature]
yea it only cost me about 10 bucks to make it.
jed
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('Sad')"][Sad][/url] Oh the pain...[url "javascript: addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url] I'd like to see how yea got the batteries setup in the back if you could snap a couple pictures please?
[signature]
pm me and remind me and I will,
jed
[signature]
WOW, with that setup you could hang with the big boyz on the Trenton channel of the detroit river for walleye....

nice handy work....[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]