Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish finder recommendations
[url "javascript: addTag('Smile')"][Smile][/url]Well i'm in the market for a fish finder for my pontoon boat. I'd like one simple to use, accurate but not too fancy. My budget is up to $200. appreciate the help.
[signature]
Fishfinders as well as hook types and line all have their matter of prefference. It's a good thing though that you came here to ask.

If you look through the past threads, you will see the the Eagle Cuda line has been recommended the most.

Some will also recommend the Garmin, Lowrance and even the Fishing Buddy.

Each of them have their distinct feature as well as their commonalities. Figure it this way. You will want your equipment to be 1. light enough for the tube. 2. Light enough on the power consumption to run it. 3. Depth and structure readable. 4. Water temp is nice. 5. Fish alarm is a plus. 6. Fit the budget.
[signature]
hi there tn2,
thanks for the info.
i was looking at cabelas and basspro shops on line stores. The model choices are endless. I'll just have to buckeldown and do my home work.
[signature]
I've used Eagles for years and like 'em just fine. But, I would also include that my last buy was a Bottomline Toury 4100 witch I like just as much if not more. I find it very light weight and it rather easy to use. Tons of features I'll probably never use but its nice to know their there if I need 'em and it has good power too for looking into the depths witch for me is a advantage because I often bounce on water and jig over 100' deep.
[signature]
Hey there Stoneyman,

Well... one thing about it.... with a 'toon' you won't have to worry two much about space or weight limitations for as important as a piece of equipment as fish finders are!

JapanRon
[signature]
I have the Bottom Line Tournament 1100. It has a low consumption of juice and goes to about 600 feet. So far I've only used it to 290 feet at a local lake in SoCal.
[signature]
Well TN2 if your looking at 290' your looking deeper than I am, lol. I plan to get lots of use out of my 4100 at FG this winter (and I'm crossing my fingers that it freezes over good!).. I've ran my 4100 for days on end on one 7 amp battery. That reminds me, I better charge it up!![laugh]
[signature]
Hi there TubeN2,

After just getting that solar panel I'm gonna try to use it to power up my bottomline fishing buddy III.

There are a couple of really wierdo site I have googled (pretty easy to find) that have all these off-the-wall DIY projects dealing with electronic or low-voltage components. Example: how to alter an AC/DC adapter to the voltage you want! or how to jack up the power on common rechargable dry cell batteries.

Looks like we might be able to squeeze out more performace from our stuff from these sites.

DIYer's rule!

JapanRon
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Hey Ron, that was a good score on the solar panel. Hope it goes together well on your system.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Interesting to see the procession of diagrams and ideas you are generating for the DIY contingent. Heck, I have been a dues-paying member for years. Everytime I ask TubeBabe to do something for me, she tells me to "Do It Yourself".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have always love to tinker myself. I'm sure you can tell where I got that from. I also added that to my list of hats to wear.

Fisherman
DIYer
Cook
Pier Rat
etc..............
[signature]
Well i ended up buying the eagle cuda 168 fish finder for $99.00 so i saved a good chunk of change. keeps the mrs. happy! now if i can get this thing in the water. Damn typhoon ruined another weekend in kyushu
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]What? Are you going to let a little "zephyr" keep you off the water? I'm wit ya, Bro. That's the one thing I hate worse than rain is wind. Doesn't take much to ruin my enjoys in a float tube either.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Congrats on scoring a good deal on your Cuda. Let us know if you need assistance in getting it set up.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('Smile')"][Smile][/url] Thanks for everyones help on this and especially to you tubedude for the pic's on setting up the transducer. It's going to be a few weeks or so before i actually receive it in the mail. Mail through the fleet postal service is always slow here at the naval base, but thats life, hurry up and wait![url "javascript: addTag('crazy')"][crazy][/url]
[signature]
this may be a little late, but I like a few of the other members like the eagles, but have heard some good things about some of the garmen fishfinders as well.
jed
[signature]