Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what happens when you have to much time to think!
Well i was bored the other day and i kept thinking what the weatherman said about our drought.He said that it didnt matter how much snow we got because if it didnt fall in the right places then it wouldnt make much of a difference in our water supply.It made me think about all the snow thats in the mountains .Why cant it be hauled to the lakes and reservoirs that desperatly need it?Can this be done and will it make a difference hauling tons of it to specific lakes in need ?Just a thought.
[signature]
I know that a long tube semi truck can hold about 5000 gal (we get double's of those full of milk and they hold about 8,000 to 10,000 gallons of milk before they are overweight). Can you imagine the cost at almost $2 per gallon of diesel fuel (I could only guess that semi's get 4-8mpg when loaded) to drive, say from deer creek to scofield, for 5,000 gallons each load. What do you think 5000 gallons would do to raise the level of a lake that size, I think it would help more to have everyone buy bottled water (of course trucks have to deliver that too) and take sponge baths.
Also have you ever put snow in a sauce pan to melt it on the stove, when it melts you get about 1/5 of the volume, so it would be even less effective to haul snow, as you hinted to in your first post.
Just my $0.02 maybe I am uninformed of a better way.
Steve
[signature]
I would say lets pray to have the snow fall in all the right places and we would not have to worry about water again. Or we could ask for it to rain for 40 days and 40 nights again and then we would not have to worry about anything except were to fish!
[signature]
with 40 days and 40 nights of rain we could fish right off of our house tops, or troll down the 1-15 corridor
[signature]