Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Saturday 10/30/04
Saturday, 10/30- Hit the water early (6:00 am). A great day to be on the water. I guess I'll have to start wearing my rubber boots instead of my sandals for the rest of the year because it was pretty chilly (by our standards) this morning. Water temp was about 66 degrees, air temp was in the low 50's. As soon as the Sun came up it ended up being very nice.

Headed for Las Vegas Wash to net live shad. Since I was alone I did'nt need much bait, only using one livewell. Forty-five minutes later the tank was full. Never did get that one big net full, four here, six there, etc. I did not mind, tossing a net is fun. One toss resulted in a large bluegill being pulled aboard. You never know what might end up in a net!

Made three drifts near the entrance to Las Vegas Wash in about 40' of water, resulting in two small stripers released. Moved out to the red channel marker near Hole 33 and made about three long drifts. The wind caused the boat to drift pretty fast so I tossed out a five gallon bucket on a line to add drag, and added weight to the leader. Fishing near the bottom in about 85' of water resulted in eight stripers,one about four pounds! Not real hot action but steady enough to keep me interested.

Off the water by 11:00 a.m. Talked to a couple anglers at the ramp and both caught a few fish, mainly jigging. What a great day!

BaySport
[signature]
Sounds like a great day of fishing. Thanks for the report. I really need to get a boat of some sort to get off the shore and into the action.
[signature]
sure beats work which is where im at now

sm
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] BaySport,
Once again, thanks for the report. So with the last months or so of reports. When is the fish fry? LOL. Glad to read someone has time to get out fishing.

Take care,
David
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Hey Southernman,
How bad could it be, you're posting at work????????

David
[signature]
heh heh

[Wink]

sm
[signature]