Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone see the ad on TV about the $299 computer?
It's through AOL and the only catch is you have to sign up with AOL for a year at $23.99.
[signature]
I would think one usually gets what they pay for.
Thats true to a point but it's also true that a lot of people spend a lot of money for a big name computer with features they will never use. I think the computers companies are trying to get those people that have been holding out on buying a computer until the price comes down. What better time to get those hold outs hooked on computers than during Christmas. For those first time users, learning a computer can be overwhelming and have all those bells and whistles aren't needed. If the computers companies get those new users hooked, then it's just a matter of time before they will buy another computer with more features. In the long run it works out for everyone especially the PC companies. Dell is also selling their PC's at a reduced rate, $399. WH2
[signature]
I WOULD NEVER BUY A NAME BRAND COMPUTER THEY TEND TO HAVE VERY LOW END COMPONENTS THATS THE REASON ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY AS SOON AS YOU BUY ONE IT IS OUTDATED. I PREFER TO BUILD ONE MYSELF I KNOW THAT WHEN PEOPLE ARE NEW TO THE COMPUTER WORLD THEY HAVE NO IDEA AS WHAT TO BUY. I ALWAYS SAY TALK TO YOUR LOCAL (FREIND) COMPUTER GEEK TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH THE COMPUTER AND DON'T JUST SAY GO ON THE INTERNET. REALLY THINK IT THROU. I SEE COMPUTER LIKE CARS. A PINTO WILL GET YOU FROM POINT A TO POINT B BUT WHOULD YOU FEEL SAFE DRIVING IT. SAME WITHA COMPUTER. IF THE COMPONENTS ARE NOT UP TO SPEED (OUTDATED ALREADY) AND WILL NOT SUIT YOUR TRUE NEEDS THEN WHY BUY ONE BASED ON PRICE. BELEIVE IT OR NOT EVEN THOU I DISLIKE THE GUY GOTO TOTALLY AWESOME COMPUTERS AND LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DELL (PINTO) AND A NICE MACHINE. YOU MAY SPEND 100 BUCKS MORE FOR A COMPUTER YOU CAN USE FOR ALOT LONGER AND BE UPGRADED IN MANY WAYS.
[signature]
[size 1][black]For once I agree with you Mike? Have a computer built to your needs. I keep my main computer up-to-date with the latest hardware and software. I also have several other computers for my wife and kids and a few others I use as test system. I have built the other computers with old hardware from upgrading or bought from second hand stores. I have a brother that sell surplus computers from a government agency and have pick up good deal from him. If you don’t need the latest in hardware you can build a computer for less than $200.00 by shopping at used computer dealers. I’ve build some for $50.00 for kids to use. They also have monitors that are cheap some as low as $25 - $250. They make good computers for beginners and kids to learn on.[/black][/size]
[signature]