Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing info from Northern Nevada 12/8/04
Fishing Report for Dec. 8, 2004 [url "mailto:online@rgj.com"][/url]RENO GAZETTE-JOURNAL
12/7/2004 10:59 pm

FRENCHMAN LAKE: Starting to freeze over, but warm weather could change conditions. The dam area is probably the only place that is open and reachable. Reno Fly Shop, 825-3474.
www.renoflyshop.com. Wiggin’s Trading Post (530) 993-4683.

TRUCKEE RIVER: With temperatures warming the river should start to fish pretty good again. There was a lot of ice last week but it is starting to melt. Mid-day when the water is at its warmest is the time to go. Nymphing with small HBI nymphs and copper John’s under an indicator should do the trick. Reno Fly Shop, 825-3474.

PYRAMID LAKE: Fishing continues to be good for trollers. Try a U-20 Flatfish, rainbow color or yellow and black. Fly-fishing is picking up. The latest storm system brought the fish in closer. There have been reports over the last couple of days of 10 to 20 fish. It has been cold and windy so dress warm. The best spots seem to be Popcorn, cattle guard and the wino beach area. The fish are still spread out and can be caught all over the lake. The olive martini fly has been the best. Darker-colored wooly buggers have been effective as well. There was a report by a fisherman of 12 fish in 12 casts on Monday. Reno Fly Shop, 825-3474. www.renoflyshop.com. The Gilly, 358-6113.

WALKER LAKE: Fish deep near the Cliffs, 40-70-feet down. Jigging seems to produce the most fish. Some anglers are catching some nice fish trolling. Ed Jones, Bait and Tackle Shop, (w) 945-2525.

WILDHORSE: The ice was 4-inches thick on Sunday and building. Fishing should be excellent. It has been below freezing for 10 days. Bird hunting is good on the Bruneau and the Owyhee desert. Wildhorse Resort, 758-6471 or email: dunns@direcway.com.
[signature]
we gotta make a jan-feb walker lake run when a decent stretch aof weather is coming up, some utah guys are interested too, maybe we can get tuben and tubentoo over from cali

sm
[signature]
[size 2][font "comic sans ms"] Now that sounds like a plan. My work schedule for next year is in the works and once it's done I'll know my good dates.

David
[signature]