Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Saturday Morning
Saturday, 12/11/04- Hit the water early, headed to Las Vegas Wash to see if there was any chance of netting any live shad. Nothing. Headed out to Saddle Cove and set up for trolling. We worked between Saddle Cove and Pumphouse Cove for a couple of hours. Our efforts resulted in two strikes and no fish. There was a small fleet in the area and I did'nt notice anyone hooking up.

Off to Las Vegas Wash again. We trolled between the channel markers and pulled in one nice three pound striper at about 11:00 a.m. That was it, one fish on our first day of trolling. Off the water by noon.

What a nice calm, sunny day we enjoyed on the water. Our next effort will be this weekend when we will try trolling again.

BaySport
[signature]
[size 2][font "comic sans ms"] So BaySport, does this mean the season could be winding down for you. I hope trolling works out for ya, I look forward to your reports. Before it goes to your head, I like to read about all reports from Lake Mead. Good, bad, or indifferent all reports teach.
David
[signature]
Not ready to give up yet. As long as the weather is fair I'm getting out on the water. Trolling is something I've always wanted to try at Lake Mead so I'm going to give it a big effort during the rest of Dec. and through Jan. You can't catch a fish unless your hook's in the water! I also enjoy reading the reports, wish more anglers would post.

BaySport
[signature]