Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frost in the morning
I got up early this morning and was surprised to see this frost on my fence. Have any of you seen frost like this in the city? I've seen it in the mountains but I've never noticed it down in the valley.
[signature]
yes i have seen frost like that before but not very often
[signature]
I was very surprised to see it on a metal fence, the only time I've seen it like that before was on trees. I wonder what makes it form like that?
[signature]
Its caused by a high relative humidity level and cold temps. If I'm not mistaken the SLC area had 100% relative humidity yesterday morning, lots of fog etc....

The real question is, did you stick your Tongue to the metal fencing? HA![Wink]
[signature]
I had a feeling it had something to do with fog and the cold temps but the spikes that were on that fence, I thought that might be a result of electricity in the air, by the looks of it anyway. How to the real question, are you crazy man, I haven't stuck my Tongue to metal since I was a kid, at least a year or two ago, ha,ha. WH2
[signature]
It's the fog. The fog holds the moisture in the air and freezes it to nearly anything it contacts. It makes for some REALLY pretty pictures if you can get out and take them the moment the fog lifts and the sun comes out.
I drove back from Elko in the fog yesterday. By the time we got home, the front side of our antenna had a 1/8 - 1/4" layer of ice caused by driving into the fog. Since it was only on the one side, my nephew picked it off and had an icicle the length of the antenna.
[signature]
WH2.. LOL,, no I not crazy but it has been said I can be a little nuts, and damn proud of it!
[signature]