Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flies for ice fishing
any one using flies for ice fishing?

Mega bait has some nice hallowgraphic buck tails.

I am sure you can tie on some squril hairs to the bottlecap lures as well.

also those number 12 flies are killer for ice fishing.

any one here use flies of any type for hard watter action?
[signature]
YUP!! I always use flies when I'm ice fishing. I even run tandom flies sometime. #12 are what I use. Last night I tied up about 10 flies while watching the the rose bowl game .
[signature]
I've thought about it but not sure how to use them. Never have used flies before. And they're hard to catch this time of the year. They just don't seem to like the cold. [Tongue]
[signature]
If you want plenty of flies for the ice fishing season, all you need do is remember to take all that duck tape off the gapeing hole in the screen window about mid september. evey fly in the neighborhood will come in and if you leave plenty of food on the table they will even multiply for you

Remember that if the women dont find ya hansom thay will at least find ya handy [sly]
[signature]
how I use my flies is with about a foot lead below the sinker. this way when I do a large jig the fly has plenty of travel time. (drifting slowly down)
[signature]
I have used Renegades in Utah waters that are artificial only, with good success. I tie the fly on a 1/16 oz. jig head. This helps the fly drop doun faster without adding a sinker. My son has also used them in Idaho with equal success.
[signature]
Just want to say nice thinking. Flies for ice fishing never although thought about it,never tryed it but i have a few streamers that might just do the job on the next days out on the ice, cool idea.
keep up the good work. Good topic
[signature]