Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada Fishing Trip "ROLL CALL"
[cool] Its that time of the year that us (Minnesotians) plan our fishing trip across the border in Canada . I think all the guys here would like to meet anyone that wants to join us for this fun trip !! We target Northern Pike ( lost one that would of been in the mid 30 lb range last year ) upper teens are common in most years , and a few 20s here and there, And toward evening , we'll fish for Walleyes !!! My sidekick , MINNEMAN , and I have been going up there for 14 yrs , and will teach ya the tricks !! Its not that expensive of a trip , for me , its about $200 ,depending how far you have to travel , but your all invited !!!! Hope to see ya there !!!! This years trip is the 16 th - 20 th of March , doesnt mean you have to be there the whole time !! And its located on Lake Of The Woods , which is located on the Minnesota and Manitoba border , fishing on the Canadian side.

Members that have attended in the past,

FLAGMANONICE (me ) lol
MINNEMAN
DROWNEDDESERTRAT
WALLEYETEASER
CLOUDYBOY
ULTRAMAG
LEMONINSPECTOR (WANNABE THIS YEAR)
AND A FEW MORE PERSPECTIVE MEMBERS

[signature]
you forgot to mention dates and locations [angelic]

If I hit that lottery tonight you can count me in. other than that I will be sitting here wishing in one hand and trying not to.... in the other.

I will be the one pulling up in the fith wheeler the size of a gray hound buss... [cool]
[signature]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=3278;] Here is a picture of DrownedDesertRat with one that was caught on last years trip !!
[signature]
Ok its only about a 18-20 hour ride one way from my chicken ranch.

seeing a catch like that makes a man wanna hook up the sled dowg and pack the snow shoes [cool]
[signature]
I fI could play hooky from teaching school for that long I would join you. What a fish in the pic!

In that time frame we are also on spring break the week after. I guess if it came down to it the choice would be between deep sea fishing in Mexico or going after some hog Northerns in March in Canada. Hmm!

You just know what my wife would say about this issue don't you?
[signature]
Nice Slue shark you got there [Wink]What did ya catch him on?And please dont say bottle cap lures[Tongue]lol
[signature]
kaint noc them Bottlecap lures, I uses them all the time. even tryed to make one myself. for the time and efforts I put in to finding all the materials and tools and spendin a couple hours to make one, I could-a bought me a dozen.

cought me a couple nice bass here lickity split through the ice usin bottlecaps a couple weeks ago.
[signature]
Oh dont get me wrong im not knocking them i wouldnt use them but im not saying they are no good ect. Maybe for perch or panfish tipped with a grub would be effective ect.
[signature]
It was caught on a bottlecap lure. [Tongue]

Just kidding.

If you want to know the secret tools used to catch them little guys, you'll hafta head up to Canada.

Flagman, Minneman, I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it or not. I really need to get some credit cards paid off. It hurts having somebody (I'm not looking at my girlfriend right now... really I'm not) charge up a storm on a credit card and then forgetting to make a couple payments, shooting the interest rate to 26.9%. As soon as I have that card paid off and get caught up on a couple bills, I'll have a better idea of whether or not I can make it.
[signature]
26.9% ouch
[signature]
Just sending this back up top. Can't let it disappear on everybody!
[signature]
[sly] whats the lake you are are going to ?
[signature]
Quote:[cool] Its that time of the year that us (Minnesotians) plan our fishing trip across the border in Canada . I think all the guys here would like to meet anyone that wants to join us for this fun trip !! We target Northern Pike ( lost one that would of been in the mid 30 lb range last year ) upper teens are common in most years , and a few 20s here and there, And toward evening , we'll fish for Walleyes !!! My sidekick , MINNEMAN , and I have been going up there for 14 yrs , and will teach ya the tricks !! Its not that expensive of a trip , for me , its about $200 ,depending how far you have to travel , but your all invited !!!! Hope to see ya there !!!! This years trip is the 16 th - 20 th of March , doesnt mean you have to be there the whole time !! And its located on Lake Of The Woods , which is located on the Minnesota and Manitoba border , fishing on the Canadian side.
iceman, does this answer your question? silly kid forgot to read the first post. [Tongue]
[signature]
Flagman, what resort is home base again? My girlfriend's brother-in-law is interested in going but it depends on some basketball tournament. I think he's a coach for a Special Olympics team. If it doesn't interfere with basketball, he's definitely interested.

I'll let him drive.

Hmmm, I wonder if he has a sled to pull me across the lake while I troll from my ice house. Anybody want to cut the trench for me? LOL.
[signature]
[crazy] WERE HAVING A LITTLE DIFFUCULTY ON THE RESERVATIONS , WILL KNOW MORE THIS WEEK !! WE NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY ARE GOING ? SO WE CAN MAKE THEM , SO THIS IS LAST CALL, SO LET ME KNOW !!!!!!!!!! IF YOU SNOOZE , YOU LOSE !!!!!!

[signature]
WOW IT WORKED!!

Had to reformat this pos in order to post here.

So the real question is where to Snooze, hay? Any luck w/Paul?

Hows about swiching to the next weekend? (worse yet I spose)

Flag, We need to get our foot in the door for next year, or should we show those cheezeheads and jump ahead to 07..haY?..have you asked about that with Leo at SB? or even BB Resort. now would be the time. let me know if I can help.

DDr, Im still iffy on the Rainy trip, would be nice (diff) for a change tho.. and it would fill up the weekend of meeting people ive been typing to for 5 years. you're one of 2 i've met in that time, so it would be fun. guess im wondering about the success rate compared to LOW.
[signature]
[Wink]Thanks for checking in Minneman !! You said something about the following weekend , I have to stay home with the family on Easter !!
I could talk to Tom and see if we can use his cabin ( he owes me ) But I think We'll work out something on the Buffalo side !! Have you checked on Smelt ? Sounds like Rod from Alex is coming , Reid is trying to change somthing so he can go to , that would be nice cause we need someone to catch all the pout !! LOL !!! Lemoninspector said he would like to come , and if your reading this Lemon , your in !! I'll call you in a bit !! We have a new member 1iceman , and I think he's intrested !! Heck we found out we live about 20 miles apart !! Minny , Is your bro coming , Randy , Randy , Randy , and Tyler are coming from Brainard , and the owners son (Wadena Outfitters ) wants to come !! Dan and Earl are iffy , and so is Tom R. DDR better make it !!! he has a date with a 25 lber !!! POUT !!!! LOL !!!! I still have to call Cass County mounty and see if he can make !! Oh , also Clayton from Dakota showed intrest too .

Later Friends ,
[signature]
Nope, Im alone this time around. so if i counted right, thats what about ..12-15 with the iffy's, so ya pulled off some majic on the lodging or what??
hope Claton drives something more comfortable this time.

Even I'd be proud of a 25# burb, Be there to catch her for me would ya flag! he he
[signature]
Hey, I'll go for a 25 lb pout! I'll go for any 25 lb fish.

I need to know what Resort and eating arrangements, etc so I can talk to Brian about going. If he can make it, I'll be going for sure. If he can't, it's real iffy for me.
[signature]
[Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad]
well so much for trying to plan a trip with you guys i'll be fishing the rainy river that weekend.
but thanks for asking..
[signature]