Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would Happen ??
If any of you guys are sponsored , will a sponsor stop giving you gear or not sponsor you anymore if you do not use there gear to catchfish??
[signature]
Sometimes you don't always catch fish on what they send you to use.
So in order to get your paycheck from them and more tackle to test, you have to catch your fish on something that works and then submit the picture to them with their stuff in the picture.

There's one thing you need to understand about bass fishing. Only certain colors work during certain times of the year and under the right water conditions.[cool]
[signature]
Why would they give you their products if you didn't use it, and show the results? Like winning a tournament and telling everyone what you were using. Or atleast advertizing the fact that you use that Companies products to win tournaments.
[signature]
There are several well known bass pros that do the exact same thing. If they don't announce the effectiveness of the sponsors product, they would lose their paychecks alltogether.

I personally don't always use sponsored or test products in competitions. I resort to what will actually work to help me win.

Any products that I test will always have a very truthful report as to the effectiveness and probability of future potential of the particular lure or product.

Some companies will only pay their promised amount for the test if their lure is used in the picture. They only want that picture for promotional aspects of their product.

Take a look at some of the major manufactures of top brand name lures. There is a particular brand with a big black cat on it that claims how their lures can't be beat for trout, salmon and steel head.

I have neither in my area but I do use them for saltwater fishing. I catch certain species with them and others are afraid of the lure.

They paid me to sample their product, received a 10 page report, and 21 photos. They later wrote me back and asked me to try it on the fish that it was designed for and not some freaky ocean species.

I let them know that I don't have those other species close by. Rather than continue to develop a product that would work on more "Freaky Species" they preferred not to work with me.

So you can see, the tackle companies want more politics than truth. I would rather deal with a company that wants the plain and simple truth. It would be a better representation of their product.

It is better to produce a product that catches fish not fishermen.[cool]
[signature]