Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a floatilla @ Willard Saturday?
I read a few posts in the Lincoln Beach thread about a possible Willard Bay gathering on saturday the 5th...

Anyone still planning on it???
[signature]
Mikecromaine, Tubedude and myself will be there. Smile Hoping to get some fishies on my line. Smile
[signature]
Where are you guys launching from?
[signature]
Tubedude plans to park out so he can kick his way to the light post i believe, and Mike and I will be launching his boat to transport our toons to where we would like to fish.
[signature]
I am torn between the two places... I will have to wait until I hear more positive reports from Willard then I will go this saturday. If there's poor fishing then I will stick closer to home, hit up Lincoln beach and then maybe stop at Lindon harbor on the way home for those bass stacking up.[sly]
[signature]
I WILL BE THERE I AM IN HOPES THAT MATEO (MAT) WILL JOIN US ALSO. COULD BE A FUN DAY WEATHER IS LOOKING GOOD FOR IT. IF THE WIPERS BITE I BET THE WALLEYES MIGHT.
[signature]
Me and the family will be there this sat.But we will be fishing from shore no baot yet but thats the reason i will be up there i will be looking at a boat that afternoon![Smile]Probably be fishing the north end.
[signature]
so are you guys planning on fishing out by the lightpost? It could be pretty tough access driving around to the west side of the lake( can be really muddy) but I will probably try. Where is TubeDude launching? Are you taking radio's?
[signature]
I WILL HAVE MY RADIO CHANNEL 12 WE WILL BE FISHING THE LITE POLE AREA OR WERE EVER WE CAN GET THEM TO BITE
[signature]
Exactly were is this light pole?
[signature]
the lite pole is on the corner of the south and west dike so were they both meet
[signature]
[green][size 2]Deer Creek
[/size][/green]

[signature]
Not sure what you are referring to, but The Light Pole is where the west and north dikes meet.
[signature]
Ok which is it![angelic] North side or south ?
[signature]
I drove around to the southwest corner on Saturday. The road is bumpy and has several large puddles, but I think that pretty much any car can make it without too much trouble. Just be careful where you pull off of the road.

The sw corner is good for launching a tube or toon because there is a dirt road going up one side and down the other. No big rocks to contend with.
[signature]
BLOW UP PATS MAP IT WILL SHOW YOU
[signature]
Deer Creek? What makes you say that? I do know it's good for trout but I don't know if I wanna foul up some troutski's lips.

Water still too cold for 'eyes and bass which I am sure of.

Bets are on Utah lake as it's the first to warm up for eyes and then there's a good possibility of some bass up against the rocks for the spawn prep mode. Just ask Clif (UtBass)...
[signature]
As TubeDude's map shows, The Light Pole is on the north end of the west dyke, where it intersects with the north dyke (as the map shows the north dyke is at an angle at this point). It is called The Light Pole because it is a tall telephone pole with a light on the top of it, and it is located on the top of the dyke. Bottom line, if you don't see a light pole you aren't where The Light Pole is located.
[signature]
Kent said " Bottom line, if you don't see a light pole you aren't where The Light Pole is located. "

Thanks Kent, I needed a good chuckle. Willard is so small I'm sure they would have found it. (still chuckling to self)
[signature]
Marty, glad I could provide a chuckle for you. I believe Willard has three times the surface area of Jordanelle, so it is much larger than one might expect. I know I sure wouldn't want to try to row across it.
[signature]