Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture Section
[cool][#0000ff]It has been moved and seconded that we set up an archive devoted mainly to pictures...tubes, add-ons, fish pictures, etc. I still need to work on the details, but I have put together a sort of outline of what I think we could do. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This would be a combined effort, open to all members who have pics to share. All submissions would either be posted in a separate post, or sent to me by PM or email. I will be responsible for formatting the pics and including them in the proper section(s). [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here is the tentative outline. Please feel free to suggest any other categories you might like to have as a resource, or to ask any questions that occur to you. I will provide a complete description and guidelines for submission, once I get the format down the way I need to.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff] [center][font "Times New Roman"]PICK OF THE PICS…OUTLINE[/font][/center]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font] [ul] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]FLOAT TUBE MODELS ( MODERN PICS AND PROPAGANDA)[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]FLOAT TUBE EVOLUTION (PICS FROM THE PAST)[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]PONTOON MODELS (MODERN PICS AND PROPAGANDA)[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]SONAR MODELS (MODERN PICS AND PROPAGANDA)[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]SONAR INSTALLATION…INCLUDING BATTERIES, TRANSDUCERS, ETC.[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]ROD HOLDERS….MODELS, INSTALLATION, ETC.[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]WADERS…PICS AND PROPAGANDA[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]FINS…ARCHIVES, EVOLUTION, PICS AND PROPAGANDA[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]BOOTS AND FOOTWEAR…PICS AND PROPAGANDA[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]SAFETY AND NAVIGATION…PFD’S, LIGHTS, RADIOS, COMPASS, GPS, ETC.[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]MEMBER PICS AND PROFILES…PUTTING FACES TO NAMES[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]FISHY PICS…TAKEN BY TUBIN’[/font][/size][/li] [li][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]SPECIALS…SCENERY, SUNSETS/SUNRISES, WILDLIFE, FAMILY, ETC.[/font][/size][/li][/ul]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff]PS I also have an idea for putting together another sticky post for "HOT LINKS TO WORTHY WEBSITES". There are a lot of times when we might like to check availability and pricing on different components of our addiction. I have two or three file folders with shortcuts and links to different sites I have found. We could get a basic outline going, and then add to it as we found new sites to include. WHADDAYATHINK?[/#0000ff][/font][/size]
[signature]
Looks good to me! Thanks to you this will be (probably already is) the most comprehensive float-tubing board out there. I'm not sure it is the most comprehensive because I haven't ever felt the need to look anywhere else[Smile].

Thanks TD! I think I'm going to have some Sat. mornings opening up soon . . . .
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks fer the kindly comments Nate. I look forward to spending some time on the water wit ya. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I just ordered a 9'6" for 5 weight blank that I plan to get built for warm water fly flingin'. It is just about time for some action.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
This is really a great idea. EmuScud is right. It would be the most extensive site out there. (Actually, after searching for over a month for other likeminded sites, my opinion is that it already is the best.)

Don' t know if one of your categories would already include it but what I would really like to see is one section for totally tricked out tubes. What I mean is, a guy's (or gal's) whole setup sitting right on the water, either waiting to be launched or with the skipper sitting in the chair. Or maybe even shots in action while fishing. This could give newbees a total view of what is possible and fire up the rest of us to do it right. Might even inspire a little friendly competition.

Short photo/fishing essays wouldn't be bad either. Like pics with captions such as:

1. Arriving at the water.
2. Launching at sunrise.
3. Scoping out the lake.
4. Peering into the depths. (pic of sonar screen)
5. Getting into the action (pics of fishing)
6. Break for lunch.
7. Afternoon fishing.
8. Headed home.
9. The day's catch.
10. Sunset at the lake.

Also, something on fishing techniques applicable to tubing, such as vertical jigging, flyfisherman's slow troll, still fishing from a tube, etc.

Just tossing out ideas here.

zonker
[signature]
Going a bit longer with the blank eh? That would sure pick the line up off the water easier, not to mention give a bit more leverage for casting and playing the fishies.

My 5wgt Walmart Special snapped on me a while back in mid-cast (thanks to my rod holder, I could pick up my 7wgt and keep fishing). It replaced my beloved St. Croix that went from a 2 piece rod to a 4 piece rod curtousy of my car door[pirate][mad]. I should know better than to go super cheap with flyrods . . .

where did you get your blanks from?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hook and Hackle (in New York) has a closeout on some !M6 blanks for $24. I figured I couldn't go wrong with a "beatemup" stick for warm water fishies for that price.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]They also have some smokin' deals on other blanks. If you can't find their website, I can post a link after I get home.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]See, that is a good argument for keeping a file of links on the board.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]All good ideas. However, a lot of the "where to and how to" stuff is either already covered, or could be expanded upon in the "Best of the Best". I had planned to review what is there, and what is not, and then fill in with some more editorial stuff (with pics). You have read most of what I have written already. I can guess that you are thinking of some topics that could be posted on the board, for completeness.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of the biggies has always been "Launching and Beaching". It is one of those things that is simple once you have done it a few times, but terrifying on the first excursion. Some editorial and pics could definitely help.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Again, the main idea of the pic section is more for eyewash than instructional. However, you know what they say, a picture is worth...etc, etc. Maybe we can make some of our pics worth a lot more.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hmm. Looking back at my post I think I was misleading in the way I spoke.[blush] I wasn't trying to suggest more instruction. I was just referring to suggestions for pics in the course of a days fishing. Your term "eyewash" says it well. Kind of like, "Here are pics of my last trip to Lake ____. Here's one of me blowing up the tube. Here's one of me launching. Here's shot of the horizon. Here are the fish I caught," etc. There is already lots of instruction available here - adequately done and superbly filed.

Anyway, it will be a great benefit, no matter what you decide to do. I wanna help, not hinder.

z~

[signature]