Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
The fishing has picked up on the Bear. I went out Friday and we boated 7. 4 mack and 3 cuts. Two of the mack went just over 7bls. Went out Sunday with my dad he caught a 7 1/2 lb mack and we caught 6 smaller ones. Alas this may be my last fishing trip to Bear Lake until after Labor Day even though I only live 18 miles from the marina.[unsure] While we were fishing two different sets of water skiers decided they needed an audiance and went by us several times within 100 yards.[mad] The jet skiiers were just as bad. When we went to load the boat at 4:30 there was only 1 loading. When I entered the marina 4 others followed me in. I let my dad off at the ramp to get the truck and all 4 boats converged to the same place I needed to back to get out of the way. They were yelling and waving like they owned the darn place. I yelled back and said let me get out of the way and you can move in, finally they parted and I backed inbetween the docks well out of everyones way. In the mean time my dad was backin the truck down and had to pull forward 3 different times because people cut him off. Finally he got the trailer in the water then it was my turn to get the boat on. I appoached the ramp 3 times and was cut off 3 times. This is rude and I shure wouldn't do it. I got into a little shouting match with one of the last guys to enter the marina and didn't even have his truck backed down yet.[mad] Whats up with this? All of the boats were from Utah. I'm not saying everybody is like this. But it is wrong. People need to be cutious of others.. I tried but lost my patients. I did notice that not one of the boats was a fisherman. All were weekend warriors. So until the big gate closes (just an expression) in Logan Canyon come labor day I'm done....But I am going to the gorge in June for 5 days then hopefully to yellowstone lake. Hope I didn't offend anyone with this post I just wish people could be reasonable and not such A_ _ holes. Thanks all and tight lines.

Bodine
[signature]
I agree 100% with your sentiments, bodine11. Jordanelle will probably be like that this weekend, as will be Willard, I'd imagine with the warm weather and the holiday weekend and all. Too many people in Utah drive their boats/jet ski's just like they do their cars (in a very rude manner, not giving a crap about anybody else (or anyone else's safety) but themselves.[mad]
[signature]
Hey bodine- I'm heading up to the bear this weekend to fish and I'm curious where you were fishing. Fighting some of those idiots to get your boat in can be quite frustrating, but if you want some entertainment just sit and watch these guys try to load thier boat or pwc, it can be way amusing and kill some time while you wait. Sounds like you did well with the fishing- these fish at this time of the year can be tough. How is the water level? It should be coming up with all that water in the bear river, I'm hoping they are diverting some of it over.
[signature]
Your right it is highly intertaining I've gone over just to watch in July to kill time. The best fishing we could find was over on the east side from 1st point to the south end of cisco beach. We were using rapalas fishing in 70 feet of water about a foot off bottom with downriggers. My suggestion to you is to get there at least by 7 AM if not before. It will be a zoo being Memorial weekend. Just be careful and good luck.

Bodine
[signature]
By the way MacMan the lake has come up almost 5'.[Smile] It could come up 5 more before it is done.
[signature]
You did better than I did on Sunday. I have not given up on the lake yet. I am going back up this weekend only this time I will be in my own boat. Hopefully I will do better with just me and my son fishing. We may even drop over to say hi.
[signature]
Good luck. We ended up going into shutdown last night so I'll be working mids until the 3rd then its off to the gorge for 5 days. If you drop by I should be up by 2 but need to leave at 4:30. If I don't see you drop me a line and let me know how you did.
[signature]
Hey Guys,
I am also heading up this weekend and I will also have to fight the crowds. I will sit back and smoke a good cigar and drink a cold one and watch the pwc and others make idiots of themselves. Thanks for the fishing info. Any certain colors on the rapalas? I also have a new wrist rocket I will take with me and try out. As a youngster I was pretty dam acurate with that thing. I think with a little practice it will all come back to me. Marbles shoot real well in them things. Could be fun!! I will be in a green 16' deep v tracker. I have white bft stickers on the front of my boat by my boat decals. Hope to maybe see someone from bft up there this weekend.

Rileyfish
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] bodine11, I know just how you feel. I know not all people that have boats are like that, but there's one in every bunch.I fish Willard a lot and run into that same thing there. Some folks just are naturally RUDE, and don't care. [/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] Most of the folks that I incounter are skier's or PWC owners, and half the time they don't know how to operate the craft in the first place. They just want to go balls out all the time. I want to know what the big attraction is with getting as close to another boat that is fishing or as close to the rocks as they can get. If I was pulling a skier, the last thing I want is to be near any obstructions or other people. Forest Gump said it best. [/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] "STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES"[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] Sorry folks, this subject just gets me upset because some people don't care about anything but themselves and most times we can't do anything about it. I know the park rangers can only be one place at a time. Sorry for unloading here.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]Just my opinions.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Just cast your line towards them. They put a great fight when hooked. :}

When we are shore fishing, and a boat comes too close (skiier or fisherman), we see how close we can get to them too. They get the message when your lure plops next them.
[signature]
bodine had that happen to me once at hyrum was tolling along and a water skier, came about 6 feet from my boat and sprayed me neddless to say i was a bit miffed pulled up downriggers and. and comenced chase i was going to beat the snot out of the boat driver when i finaly got em cornerd it was apunk kid sking and his mom driving . just let her have it and left.
[signature]
[reply]
[size 1]just let her have it and left. [/size]

[/quote]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Ya whooped the mom's butt and let the kid go? Probably a smart move. Them kids can be pretty tough...[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the report Jeff, I'd like to get up there and give it a try but I've got other fish to fry this coming Saturday. Most of us have had the same experience with those jet and water skiers more than once. Last year I had a mother and one of her kids come by too close to my boat on a jet ski, when I motioned for her to get away from my lines she came closer. I started yelling at her that her jet ski was too close and it was going to cut my lines, she said as she came closer, "I thought you were in trouble and I was going to try and help you". Here I am, trolling at 3mph with 4 lines hanging out the back of the boat and she thinks I'm in trouble!! Just then one of my reels start screaming and a second rod started pulling before I could tell her to turn her motor off, my spool was empty and snap. Man was I pissed, she asked what she should do, I told her to get out of there now before I started walking on water. The only good thing about the whole thing was, when I reeled in the pole that was pulling, I got lucky and my lure that was taken when she spooled me was hooked to the lure on that line. I guess it could have been worse if I lost more than just the line.
[signature]