Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Fishing Conditions
[unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure][unsure]
[black][size 3]I should start off by appologizing for not getting a report out for the past month but I don't think that much has changed. The fishing has been fair at best. We haven't been out for almost a month now and the few fisherman that I spoke with didn't have much to tell me. [/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]This is the report that I put on my website. Please call me if you have any questions or would like updated fishing reports![/size][size 3]

I guess I should first appologize for not being more on the ball with my fishing report but I really haven't had much to report. I haven't heard from hardly any fisherman and I haven't been out either.

The Cutthroat run is just about finished up for the year. Look for a few Cutts to still be in shallow until at least the end of the month. The sucker spawn is all but over as well so most of the fishing is going to be out in deeper water.

I had a buddy out the other day and he told me that he seen the Cutts on the surface around 10am feeding on the top. He picked a couple up just throwing spoons at them.

Fishing in the deep water would be my recomendation for the week. I would try depths of around 70' with your riggers right on the bottom. For those of you that don't have that kind of equipment I would try fishing in 100' of water about 30' down. Most of the fish are still in a feeding mode because of how cool the water still is.

I heard a rumor that Bear Lake is taking in approx. 3/4" of water a day. That is great news! We are crossing our fingers and praying for the fishing to get back to where it was about 10 years ago.

Please get with us with any information that you can give us. We don't get out a whole lot this time of year. We actually don't even guide again until after Labor Day except for a few exceptions.

Good luck to all that venture out on the big lake and remember that you can't catch any fish if you don't get your line wet![/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the update
[signature]