Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salt water stripers
For all you striper fishermen I thought I might share my recent fishing trip to San Francisco Bay. I have the benefit of family living in the area that are fishing machines. My nephew, Keith, and brother in law, Dean, own this 22 ft. Cortez built by [url "http://www.davisboats.com/"]Davis Boats[/url]. I'm lucky enough to have an open invitation on their boat. BearLakeMack (Utah) and I took advantage of this opportunity.
[center][inline boat.JPG][/center] [center] [/center] [center]For saltwater fishing, this boat can't be beat.[/center] [center] [/center] [left]During our three days of fishing we probably caught 60 stripers from 5 to 13lbs. Two halibuts were also put in the box. The tides were too high and fast for good halibut fishing. The limit for stripers is 2 per angler per day, 18 inches minimum. We fished with livebait rigs similar to what we use on Lake Mead. Live anchovies did the trick. [/left] [left] [/left] [center][inline fish1.JPG][/center] [center] [/center] [center]Dean brings in another striper with San Francisco in the background.[/center] [center] [/center] [center][inline fish2.JPG] [/center] [center] [/center] [center]Dean and BearLakeMack (Utah) show off a pair of 8 pounders. Both of these fish were released to fight another day. Imagine catching striper after striper of this size and having to release them.[/center] [center] [/center] [center][inline fish3.JPG][/center] [center] [/center] [center]BaySport shows off a fat 12 pounder.[/center] [center] [/center] [left]What a great time we had last week. Its going to be an adjustment returning to Lake Mead and its 3 pound stripers.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]BaySport[/left]
[signature]
wow !

t
[signature]