Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Contests
Heya guys,

I finally quit one job and work slowed down for the summer at my other, so I've got plenty of time off now. Not much time to fish as I'm watching kids and such, but more than before.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a schedule of fly fishing tournaments for the season within a reasonable driving distance of Vegas. I'm looking for float tube events and such, and I'm not looking for big money events.

I've gotten into the habit of fishing a few regular lakes and I want to break the mold this year. Last fall they had a one fly tourney for $50.00 at Comins that I couldn't make because of work, but there was a dinner afterwards. That's the sorta thing I'm looking for here.

Anyhow, if anyone know where I can get a schedule of events, please drop me a line.

Check out this carp I caught the other day... sorry for the blurry photo, but we had to take the picture with a cell phone as my buddy and I both forgot our cameras.
[signature]
[cool]Hey Telbone, There is a floattube,kayak,canoe, fly fishing only,catch and release tournament that happens every year at Crowley lake by Mammoth Lakes California. This year it is on saturday September 24. This is a big tourny which is open to the first 400 anglers. I have fished this one for about 8 years. The fish have to be 18" or bigger and measured by a judging boat. You can catch as many as you want but they have to be 18" or more to be eligible and released. The entry is $80.00 per angler. There is a bbq and awards party after the event along with a raffle. This is put on by Western Outdoors News. Their phone number is (949) 366-0030 for more info and for an entry form.
[signature]
Thanks for the quick reply BigE, I'll be getting in touch with them guys soon.

Took the kids out to Floyd Lamb again today after I posted this morning and I caught a couple carp in the 3lb - 5lb range. They can be hard to catch on the fly rod, but when you start running outta backing that's fun stuff...

I use a 6wt with 300yards of backing and that big guy in the picture dang near spooled me.

Later,
Mark
[signature]
Give Las Vegas Flyfishing Shop a call, at 702-838-6669, and they can tell you what is locally going on. Also, the flyfishing shop at BAss Pro.
John
[signature]