Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagle Tri Finder
I've already had an exchange on this with Tube Dude. Is there anyone else who has any experience with the Fish Eagle Tri Finder? It seems to scan a broader area. Anyone know why they call it the Tri Finder?
[signature]
It may be difficult to find someone with experience with this model - it is quite new on the market.

I have looked into this one a little - I currently have a Humminbird matrix 37 that is similar but has other features - like GPS and remote transducer capability, but the Eagle is a bit less expensive.

I think it's called a Tri-Finder as it has a 3-component transducer that scans to the right and left as well as straight down - like mine. It covers about 150 degree angle under the boat. So you can detect fish to both sides and it displays which side the fish are on as well as the depth they are at. However, I don't think it shows contour or structure to the sides like my fish finder - But I'm not sure about that.

If you have the Adobe reader you can download the manual off a websight and find out for sure. I downloaded it a while back, but my Adobe is not up to the level needed to read it, so, I couldn't get all the details I wanted at the time. I may still have the manual on my computer, but I don't remember if I saved or deleted it. I'll see if I can find it or that web site and post it here for you later - if you still need the info that is.

Here is where you can down load the manual and read up on it if you want:

[url "http://www.fish-finder-review.com/eagle-fish-finder-manual.shtml"]http://www.fish-finder-review.com/eagle-fish-finder-manual.shtml[/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the help Fishhound. Do you use the Matrix 37 on your tube? What kind of price range is it in? I haven't been able to find it on the Net yet.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If you look at the Sonar Buying Guide, on the Picture Board, you will note that I have now included the Trifinder.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am strongly considering getting one of those, and spending a few more dollars to get the temperature guage function. They are $179 without and $219 with. I would never fish without the temperature sensor function again. There have been a lot of times when it has helped me find minor temperature breaks that put me in fish.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Tube,

Sorry I got you going on a new finder. It was the lack of temperature readout that made me switch. I purchased a PiranahMax 20 today along with a 7 amp SLA battery. I'm going out to see if I can find a charger. I have it rigged on my Fat Cat and ready to go. At this point I'm running the transducer down from the side of the tube at the mid point of the pontoon. Similar to your setup with the rod rack and transducer PVC shaft. I, however am using a section of pool noodle I have lashed to the pontoon with the cable running down through the hole in the middle of the noodle.
I have strung some lace through the mounting holes on the transducer so that it balances and rides perfectly straight. I suppose it is probably better to have a more rigid mounting as I may get a bit of swing when I'm travelling. Do you think a rigid mounting of the transducer is important?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Since most tubers can't kick hard enough to get their craft up on plane, a rigid mount is not quite as critical. The important thing is that it rides more or less vertical while you are fishing. A flexible (flimsy) mount will vibrate out of position. That's okay as long as it returns to the proper attitude when you slow to fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I will be going out with a new setup tomorrow, on my old sonar. I am going to mount the transducer shaft toward the back of the tube, rather than up front. I am also going to have the battery in a small cooler box, into which I will put the display when finished. I have also lashed down the base of the sonar mount, with a 1" strap, with the base coming up through the cup holder. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hard to describe. I will try to get some pics and do a review of how everything works out.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Oh yeah, I am also going to be trying out a molded plastic seat to give both rigidity and contour to my inflated seat (Super Fat Cat). I have about had it with that inflated seat. It develops another leak about every other trip. The end seams on the cushion are not very strong and keep getting little pinhole leaks along the edges. You would think that charging an extra $100 for that inflated seat (over the price of the regular foam seat Fat Cat) that the quality would be better. I could get a couple of whoopee cushions for less than that.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That Piranha Max looks like a good unit. We will be awaiting your report.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have two of the little chargers. One is 500 mA and the other 800. I got the first one along with the first SLA battery I got from Cabelas several years ago. The second I bought at a specialized battery place a couple of years ago. I had to pay about 25 dollars for the second, but you can get the smaller ones for under $10 several places in the states.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sorry I do not have time right now to find a couple of links for you. Will try later.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Less is better for recharging the SLA batteries. Recharge them slowly, and top them off before and after using them. Do not let them drain completely. [/#0000ff]
[signature]