Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 10/7 friday
Well finally felt good enough to do a little fishing. [Smile] ben very sick for the last 2 weeks.Man was it good to get out! [sly] Figured the water might be a litttle cooler so the bows might come out and play.And boy did they play![Wink] Caught 2 male bows the first hour i was there.After my last trip there i remembered how i almost had my rod ripped from my hands.So this time i was ready.Got me 2 of the biggest and fattest bows out of yuba so far![cool] Man did they both put up a fight!They both took several runs and leaps.They fought extremely hard and made me actually work for them. Also when i filleted them i looked in their tummies and they were chuck full of minnows.
[signature]
Nice looking fish ! What were you using and what time of day was it ? It's great when fish like that go airborn. What a treat ! Did you get any others ? Or, were you too exhausted from wrestling those fatties to the shore ?
[signature]
Thats a couple nice footballs you have there Ocean! I bet you got them with your "go-to lure".

Nice pics.
[signature]
Sweet Fish !! I may head there soon .
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]Nice catch Ocean. Looks like you guys had a great time. What were you using to catch those???[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Great fish! Did you weigh or measure the bigger one?
[signature]
[cool]DANG!! Those are some nice looking slime rockets you got there, ocean (especially that first pic)! Nice fish! I gotta get out there before ice on! Maybe the ice will freeze well enough this year to ice fish it too! How much would you guess that first guy weighed?
[signature]
Glad you are feeling better ocean. Those are a couple of nice bows! Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Good looking fish, but the coolest thing about that picture is your boy (I assume he is yours), a lot of your posts that I see on here have kids in the pictures (it seems to me). I know how frustrating it can be to have a kid with you while you fish, my kids always are throwing rocks in, makeing noise, getting thier lines tangled, ect. I admire you for the example you show to us, I'm sure it took extra effort to get him in those pictures too.
[signature]
whoe!! nice bows! i didn't think yuba had bows like that. thanx for the post and sweet pics. glad you are feeling better.
[signature]
My guess he was over 6lbs easy i wish i had a scale .I tell you what he fought long and hard!He made some runs towards the deep and its a good thing he stopped because i didnt have much fishing line on my reel[shocked]. I do really need to change my line.[Wink] As he got closer he started going north and south.It took over 5 minutes to bring him in.I thought i would lose him when he started going airborne .The second one the smaller one fought just as hard.He wasnt as long but was fatter.They both had bellies full of minnows and the perch were in there thick again.They would chase my lures all the way to the shore.Also the shoreline was full of cruising minnows.Next time out i am gonna try for some walleye action.There was a boat there trolling the rockpiles and around some of my old walleye spots .
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]What kind of minnows? And how long were they?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good to hear about the apparent health of that new/old pond. Another good spawn year and we will have ourselves another perch playground.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Some of the minnows were about an inch long if that.They were black on top and silverish on the bottom.There were some bigger ones out a little deeper jumping around as it got later in the day .Also there were boils of minnows just scattering for their lives every so often so there must have been a predator chasing them .I also have caught some perch up to 10 inches.They are very abundant in that spot were i have been fishing from.
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]That looks like a good sized perch. Too bad you have to throw them back there.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]