Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad news if you want to fish East canyon from a boat,
Well this year anyway. Wiperslayer and I made a trip up to East canyon today only to find the ramp tore up and closed until next year. It turns out that they choose this fall to put in a new ramp instead of last year when the water level was at a record low, go figure.
We weren't sure about the ramp at Lost Creek so we headed up to Rock Port. We talked to a guy that had done good trolling pop gear and a worm and several people were drifting and seemed to be catching fish. We did not do great but here is a picture of one of the fish we caught. I guess we should have gone to Willard and saved the fuel cost, but it was still nice to get out and do some fishing. WH2
[signature]
I say leave it torn out.

I will launch my boat in the dirt.

I figure the waterskiiers will just have to go elsewhere.
[signature]
Wow, it's been a while since you have responded to one of my post, what's up with that my friend, LOL. They have already poured the new ramp but they said it would be next year before it could be used. The black top needs to be laid from the top down to the concrete. I know you have a john boat but even with that it would be tough to get it to the water the way the ramp is tore up. Unless of course you want to carry it 100 yards or so. I know what you mean about the waterskiers, I bet they really interfere with the bass fishermen, Ha, Ha.
[signature]
Hey Curt, that is a plump bow...plus no stinking pock marks! Too bad about the ramp at East. How far down did they replace the ramp? Is the water low enough this fall so that you could see the old turnout on the west side of the ramp?
[signature]
Yes, it was a nice healthy looking bow, it had a lot of color and spots, thats one of the reasons I took a picture of it. The new ramp does not go down as far as the old one but from what I could see, it goes in a different direction. The old one might be there still, the new one looked like it was on the right side at an angle to the old ramp. We did not walk down a take a closer look, I just saw that the new ramp looked like it was to the West of the old ramp and the asphalt was tore up all the way down to the new concrete ramp.
[signature]
Nice looking Rainbow Curt.What they did at East canyon,sounds a lot like the stuff they did at Willard last year,making all kinds of improvements,except dredgeing so we could get our boats out of the harbor
[signature]