Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Trout, Nov. 20th-05
3M and I hooked up with FuzzyFisher on Nov. 20th and we opened a can of WHoop-A on the Tiggies. Ron, aka Fuzzy, had hit the pond the prior two days. Sunday the ice was a solid 3" of glass ice.

[inline "Huntington Res Nov. 20th.bmp"]

Tons of Tiggies caught (most between 12-18"). Ron got the best of the day at 20 inches.

[inline Ron.bmp]
[signature]
hey dude that was a great time to hit the ice.. still kicking my butt for not going back today.. it's my 19th weding annaversury today so i thought real hard on it be for taking the safe path this time.. lol
l8r dude..
[signature]
heaven forbid should you drop your can of whoop-A beer on the ice.... and dont eat hard boiled eggs on the ice eather, something about cracking shells on thin ice that give me the willies...

beutiful picture, and nothing like testing your will on stuff you can see though....

I have a little pond near my here in michigan, I was wondering if you might have a sugestion or two on what to present to a few loc-jawed rainbows and browns.
[signature]
to bad she wouldnt fall for an anivercery fishing trip...LOL

makes me wonder if my wedding should be heald on the ice and the reception in the dog house....[angelic]
[signature]
I find if their being snooty, go smaller and slower with your presenation and stick to the basics as far as meat baits to sweeten the deal. Another thing to consider is, match the hatch (so ta speak) by storing up an some of the natural feed those fish find in that pond before it caps. They might want only what their use to staring at day after day. After all, all fish do is eat, crap, and make baby fish and, land in a fry pan, HA!

Good luck Dave, I hope you turn a few of their snooty noses upwards, hard and fast!![Wink]
[signature]
LOL, I think you played it the best way for your health today,lol.. Happy 19th my friend!
[signature]
makes sence, I will have to take my small tackle to catch my bait to use that day...

just wondering, do you set up a tip up for them as a second rig? we are allowed two lines in the water here and I was thinking of a live bait rig.?

it will be about a month before we see ice here, but when it dose I am going to make that 40 mile trek.

Thanks....
[signature]
Well we're stuck using dead bait here as far as mini's and so on, and Sadly we can only two pole it on a few fishing holes but where I can I usually use two set ups. Commonly one dead sticking a minnow (or alike) while I work the other rod. Whats more I like to use two FF's (Fish finders) while I'm using two rods. And I make sure the dead stickin' finder is set to alarm me the instant anything come proweling..
I think your on to something as far as the live bait rig. Another suggest I might add is dont be affraid to make a trip to your local pet shop. Mealies and what not are commonly a crap load cheeper and, they have a lot more to pick from as far as insect type baits at pet stores. Crickets and alike come to mind be sure to keep em warm and perhaps try a snubby a drop shot rig.[Wink]
[signature]