Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone seen this monster?
Wow!

THEY GROW 'EM BIG IN Tooele County UTAH
This snake was recently found at the old Wendover Military Base in Wendover Utah Tooele County.

A reminder that these creatures are actually out there and no matter
what you believe, sometimes they should get not only prescriptive
rights to be there but the full right of way!

9 feet, 1 inch - 97 lbs.

DEEP-FRIED RATTLESNAKE

1 medium-sized rattlesnake (3-4 lbs.), cut into steaks
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup cracker crumbs
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
1 teaspoon salt
dash pepper

Mix dry ingredients. Whisk milk into beaten egg and use to dip snake steaks.
Then coat them with dry ingredients. Fry, uncovered, in 400 degree oil until brown.
[signature]
No, I have not seen that monster and I am darn glad! That thing would make me have to change my shorts! WOW.
[signature]
Talk about a monster! I'd hate to be on the business end of that dude!
[signature]
No I haven't seen one like that and chances are noboby else will. The type of rattlesnake found in tooele county is the great basin rattlesnake. A three foot specimen would be large for the local species. That one looks more like the large rattlesnakes I have seen near the mexican border in Arizona and New Mexico. It could have been released by some fool near wendover. Unless the toxic waste dump in the west desert is causing mutations that should be a rare sighting. I think I prefer the small ones that I normally find in that area. gshorthair
[signature]
I think the picture is a fake or the recorder weigh is. After all, look closely at what you see in the photo. If the snake actually weighs 90+ lbs. I cant imagine that feller holding it up like that on the end of a snake grip. I doubt the man could support the snake in that manner simple due to the lack of leverage.. I could be mistaken but the snake reminds me of a coontail..
[signature]
No I haven't seen that snake and I don't want to see him, I had a 11 foot boe constricter (sp) scare me half to death when I was a kid collecting alum. cans. I was standing in one of them big dumpsters ( yea in the trash) I picked up a box, and in another box under that one was this giant snake all curled up. I jumped straight up and ran in mid-air. it took me about 20 minutes to get enough guts to look in there and see if he's alive or dead. I didn't get that chance to look at that first glance. but turned out he was dead. we took him out and toured him around the neighbor hood for a while and someone called the cops and they came and took him away.
that was my worst scare of my life that didn't hurt me.
later chuck
[signature]
Now thats a good snake story Chuck. I'm glad I never had a close up experience like that. When I lived in Colorado as a kid, we were picking up some old boards and there was a rattle snake under one. I jumped back and my dad grabbed a shovel and made short work of the snake. I'm glad it was nothing like the one in the picture.
[signature]

[signature]
OK lets try this again, Thats one hell of a big sanke, thankfully it wasnt found anywhere near utah,

[url "http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/txsnake.asp"]http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/txsnake.asp[/url]
[signature]
Now we know the Rest Of The Story, thanks for checking the it out. When you get stories like I posted from the internet you just never know where they come from but no matter how big it was or where it was found, we can all agree on one thing, it was a huge snake. WH2
[signature]