Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short Cabo report
Hello Nevadan's, the Wife and I just got back from Cabo and all in all it was a good trip, her company paid for everything which was a bonus! the fishing was on the slow side.
I arranged the boats through Cabo Magic Sportfishing, (my first time using their services and they were great.) it was an all inclusive deal with food and Water/Beer included, no hassles whatsoever. I would highly recommend their services if you are looking to charter a boat to fish in Cabo San Lucas.
now on to the fishing...
I think that between the full moon on the 14th and a low pressure system moving thru the area on the 15th the fish (Tuna) were either full or moved out of the area, we found the porpoise school about 30 miles from the Arch, but only got 1 small Yellowfin to bite, we trolled bait, cedar plugs, tuna feathers, everything we had, but it was just the one fish.
the other boat we chartered headed up the pacific side and got 2 Dorado in the 15-20 Lb range, but the Marlin they saw would not take the mackeral baits they offered. oh well... at least it was a free trip.
[signature]