Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belts
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]I have seen folks wearing their waders without a safety belt. I wear mine, do you? If not, aren't you concerned about accidently slipping and the resulting consequences?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You would have to have a death wish, to not wear your belt. Exception to the rule, maybe Neo's.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
i do wear a belt along with the suspender style lifevest,since i cant swim ,and air gets trapped in the waders which will push your head underwater.i will go go downstream like a rubber raft
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Scary thought, don't do that!!!![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I have to say. Honestly I don't every wear one

Trent
[signature]
I really never gave much thought to belts till 2 yrs ago. I was fishing a stretch of the snake outside ID Falls (Tanksgiving weekend , so COLD). The water wasn't that high, Knee hiegth, but the current was strong. I hooked a fish, and turned my body to yell at my nephew. Feet went sliding out from under me. I put my hand down to stop my fall and yes Head was under water for a second....BURRRRR! When I stood up all that water had gon right down my waders and sat at my belt till I got out and loosened my belt. Looked like the Pillsbury Dough Girl and weighed a ton.
Firm believer in belts now. Lesson learned the hard way.
[signature]
I generally won't wear my belt with the Neos but I do with the wade lites. Reason being is that I will only use my Neos in my float tube and I will also be wearing my PFD.
I learned how to kick the Neos off in a heartbeat just in case the tube starts to go down. That is something that must be practiced routinely.
I would still recommend the belt to all whom participate.[cool]
[signature]
Good point,

I should wear and should have said that I do on unfamiliar water or fishing somewhere for the fist time

Trent
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]On my neo's (years ago) I never wore a belt, I am not sure they even come with one, do they?[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][blue]On my breathables, keep in mind that I am 5'8" tall with long legs. I buy the mens waders cause the women's don't have the features that I want. So, I wear men's med/tall (they don't make a small/tall) in the Orvis Pro Guides, I have to pull the bootie up in the back cause the foot is too big and buy the next size up in boots. I wear a belt not so much for the safety feature (but a must) but more because it is the only way I can keep them from falling down around my knees.[laugh] And by the way, "Do these waders make my butt look big?!" [Wink][/blue][/size][/font]
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Never paid much attention to the different benefits offered on the mens waders versus the ladies'. What might some of them be FGD? Might be something that the wader manufacturers should beconsidering when they do a product review![/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=14709;][/center]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Womens waders are usually the middle of the line, in Orvis case Silver label which didn't use to have the built in gravel gaurds. I like the Pro Guides because of the re enforced set, the extra layers in the knees, plus articulated (bend slightly for compfort) built in material gravel guards with the front shorter than the back so they don't slip off your boots. A right and left foot bootie, and removeable suspenders (for the conversion to waist highs) plus not only the pocket in the top on the inside, but a mesh pocket and fleece lined hand warmers behind the pocket on the front of the waders.[/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]But, alas, they don't make these in womens.[/size][/blue][/font]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Have you ever thought of communicating a women's needs in a wader to Simms, Orvis and or some other reputable firm? Might be a great opportunity for you. I'm sure that some enterprising woman at one of these firms might like to incorporate your ideas and run with it. [/size][/green][/font]
[signature]