Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Sportsmen's Expo
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Went to the expo today and had a blast. Met up with Denny R., Jack Dennis, and Bill Schiess

[Image: JoniandBS3.jpg]

[Image: LarryTullisandtheH2.jpg]

along with several gals from Reel Women. Check out several of the new rods and sorry to report that I was disappointed with the Elk Horn Boo (Heavy as heck).

Checked out the St Croux Legend 5wt 10' , nice rod, but checked out the TFO 10' 5wt and fell in love. Perfect for my Polish Nymphing short sticking plus float tube heaven. The price of $180.+ is a bonus. Going to buy one this week

By the way watched a gal throw that line 90+ feet. A beauty to watch very smooth!
[/size][/font]
[signature]
Sounds and looks like it was a great show. Some of the reports sounded like it was not as good as other years but still a fun show. Wish I could have made it. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
It has changed alot over the years. Sage, T&T, Orvis and Winston weren't there and there is not as many tube and toons. More beef and jerkey and even Italian bread....go figure. But it was nice to see so many people I haven't seen forever in one spot.
[signature]
I usually go, but I had other commitments this week. What are the advantages of a 10' rod? It seems like the extra torque on your arm would wear you out over the course of a day in a tube.

Windriver
[signature]
I was in Sandy on Friday. If I would have had time I would have like to check out the expo. The snow on I-15 was pretty bad driving back to Idaho that night.
[signature]
Well, the show ended up costing me about $200. cause I am getting that TFO 10' 5wt from HFT. Cheap for the feel of this rod, I am not sure how to handle getting a great rod for under $400........[laugh]
[signature]