Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake West Side Report
My son and I got on the water at the crack of 10:30 yesterday morning! Launched at the Saratoga Springs municipal ramp. The break water is just about submerged at the marina and it looks like a big wind event could put the docks in serious trouble. There was a light south breeze all day that put a ripple on the water.

We first went to Pelican point and fished both sides of it using plastic jigs and one corky rig with crawlers. Got one bite on a chartreuse curly tail jig. We then went to the northwest corner at the pump house and down around the private ramp and dock area. I caught one nice size white bass on the chartreuse curly tail with a 1/16 oz head, which I returned to the water. We finished up the day back at the boat ramp and around the docks with no luck. Pulled out of the water at about 5:00.

All in all it was great weather, our yellow Lab Sandy was able to catch some ZZZ's in the sunshine and our casting arms got plenty of exercise. We wil try it again on Saturday.
[signature]
Thats great that you got out fishing.Hopefully it should pick up next week after this next storm.
[signature]
Atta boy, at least your out on the pond again. I believe I met you on the ice fishing ordeal at the kids fair. Thanks for posting. I hope I get out to Willard tomorrow, but depends on the wind we are supposed to expect. I will let you know.[Smile]
[signature]
Yes, we did meet at the Kids's Fair. Good luck at Willard. Due to the wind it looks like we may stay on shore today, possibly Midas Pond.
[signature]