Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Michigan Milwaukee report
[font "Verdana"][size 5]Fishing Report Milwaukee 5/7/2006 [/size][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1]
By Capt. Jim Hirt
Early May fishing has been great. We’re taking Chinooks 8-14 pounds, lots of Coho and some Brown Trout. The Brown's have been running mostly between 4-7 with a few over 10 pounds. There has been a good morning and evening bite on the big Kings and Browns. Mid day is when we are catching most of our Coho and smaller Browns. On the early and sunset bite bigger spoons and plugs have produced fish. The Vulcan Silver Reaper #3 or #2, J-plugs #3 silver and some fish on glow spoons in the larger sizes. Downriggers 14 -24 down and Slide Divers at 10 to 20 feet have been best. My planer boards have been slow at first and last light. I don't put them out until the mayhem of big kings slows down. This avoids the big kings ripping through the boards. About 8am we start to pound the coho. Their biting on Gobbly Wabbler Peanut flies in aqua or Kelly green 12-18 inches behind a 6 inch orange flasher or dodger. I present them on 50% of my rods with small spoons like the Vulcan #2 or Savant Jake 45 in silver or glow colors on the balance. Be sure to run planer boards like Yellow Birds because most of the Coho are in the top 10 feet. Anywhere you can find a temp break has been working. Try the harbor gaps along the shoreline to the north or south. I hear some of the boats have been out in deeper water but the water inside of 45 feet has worked for us. The boat speed of 2.2-2.5 G.P.S gave the best results. The contents of the fishes’ stomachs showed they were eating well, all different sizes of alewives were present.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Welcome to the board. We will be looking fore ward to our reports.
If you have any questions please contact me, I will do my best to answer them.
[signature]
Hello Jim,
Great report and welcome to BFT!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator