Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toads!
Thanks to wiper hunter 2's buddy for these pics from quail last weekend.

[url "http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/BASS8424/PageAlbumFishing+picsPageNumber2Pic10Fullview.htm"][Image: BASS8424CustomImage0334370.jpg][/url]

[url "http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/BASS8424/PageAlbumFishing+picsPageNumber2Pic11Fullview.htm"][Image: BASS8424CustomImage0344963.jpg][/url]

[url "http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/BASS8424/PageAlbumFishing+picsPageNumber1Pic9Fullview.htm"][Image: BASS8424CustomImage0323071.jpg][/url]
[signature]
HOLY CRAP!!!!! Those are some big boys!!! Great fish, wheres Quail???
[signature]
I grew up less than 10 minutes from Quail (Quail Creek Res.) but never figured out how to call the hogs in winter! Of all the warm water fisheries in the state I have only ever found similar fishing in some farm ponds in the same area. My favorite is one near Springdale where we would catch huge bull frogs, toss them into the middle, and just wait for a huge bucket mouth to slam 'em! Anyway, to get to Quail simply take I-15 exit #16 (Hurricane/Zion NP) and follow the signs. Beware though, the last time I was in the area the lake is WAY down and seems to have less than half of it's regular surface area and water hazards abound.
[signature]
any way to get the wieghts on those bass? The last bass appears to be ove the state record. People have caught and released bass better than 10 lbs many times down there.
[signature]
Those are some huge fish!!!!!!!!!!!! wish i could catch some of those.
[signature]
wow looks like I'll be making a 20 minute trip South Smile

Nice pics thanks for posting them
[signature]
Sturgeon Kid you moved too soon. Are you sure that is not Saltio in Mexico. Wow those are HAWGS!!!! I guess 11lbs on the last pic.
[signature]
are the last two pics the same fish? that is good to see all the reports i have read on quail has said slow bass fishing. they seemed to figure it out for that day. did they keep them? i would love to have a replica mount of a largemouth like that. sweet pics.
[signature]
This was the picture I was telling you about SoUtDuckHntr. I had to get permission from the guy that sent it to me before I posted it. He gave me a few details like the biggest bass was over 10lbs, there is one that is 6 and the other is 7lbs. I'm trying to get more infor and I will post it when he replies. Predator posted it for me because they are all on one picture and he separated them for me. I still have not figured out how to get the picture from my E mail to a post on BFT. If any of you guys want the original picture, send me your E mail address in a PM and I will forward it to you. The original picture has more pictures in it. WH2
[signature]
Whew!! Those are some true HAWGS. I was able to make at least one trip though to Quail Creek before I moved out of there. It was last year during spring break. I stuck a 7lber out of there myself, and you can't believe how many fish i saw cruising that were 5+. I saw one that I know had to have at least been 8. There's some big boys in there all right. The bass on that lact pic has got to be a 10+...I'd also guess right there around 11. Impressive fish!!
[signature]
Wow nice fish. I would love to catch something like that.
[signature]
theres damn near nowhere to fish from shore . .. and that 2nd pic looks enhanced . . .

sm
[signature]
You are right southernman it was enhanced but the rest are not. WH2
[signature]
well if you gotta boat, all i can say is the big bass at quail credk must be really concentrated, cause when you go over that hil, and see that puddle out in the middle of the canyon . . . . hopefully its getting filled up, hey st george, quit drinking water!

sm
[signature]