Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Try the New 2003 G-Loomis Rods?
I saw a brochure on the new G-Loomis Spinnerbait, drop shot, and Frog Rods, anyone picked up or seen them in stores yet?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
i've seen the new line up but haven't had a chance to actualy handel one . it seems that there slowley moving away from there traditional "top of the line specitaly rods " and moving more into "mass production high end quality rods" . i guess if a regular joe can buy a big name brand and get some status , he's gonna do it , and there going to cash in on it . don't get me wrong , right now g.l. is still a good rod , but with mass production in most manufacturing operations , quality issues will soon arise .

if you could make about 10 thousand widgets a year and make 30 thousand profit , or make 100 thousand widgets for the same cost as the ten thousand would have run you , and make 500 thousand profit , what are you going to do ? with todays economy you only have one choice for your businesses survival .

one thing i like is the fact that they are incorpirating the i.m. 6 and i.m.7 technology into a wider variety of the blanks they use , before they were limited into only a few styles . you now have more of a choice in most common styles of rods to fit your preference ( a wider choice of handels too ) . some of them are still being specialty made . definatley worth concidering when purchasing a new stick .

as for me i don't think i'll be purchasing an off the rack rod if i can help it ( not meaning g.l. as one in that catigory ) , i'll just save my pennys and get one made that will suit my tastes . or i might even dabble a little bit into building my own . after all fishing just isn't a hobby , it's an artform plus tradition , thus part of my heritage . it deserves better than a orange " reduced to sticker "at seasons end . i guess i'm getting fussy about my fishing gear . i wish the big fish would recognise it too , it's kind of humbiling when a kid with an old fiberglass rod gets one bigger than yours !
[signature]