Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
utah lake cats
went to utah lake monday, got nine in the boat befor it was time to leave ,used carp meat , almost lost two poles they hit so hard,the cats are in the reed with the carp, happy hunting PS lost a lot until we went to 60 and 20 pound test line so we could get them out of the reeds , still lost some
[signature]
[#505000]Sounds like a good trip. Sorry I had to bail out on you Saturday. I got reminded I had some other obligations. I did make it out for about an hour Saturday and caught one before I had to head back home. Sunday I did really well with three before I had to call it a day.[/#505000]
[signature]
I heard about your catches from quantunman sunday.Sorry i missed you and the action i was running late .Qman didnt catch any and i just went out there and let my daughter play with my toon .Gonna have to hookup with you one of these days and chase some cats.
[signature]
[#505000]This week I already got the kitchen pass lined up for Saturday morning. Going to it Lincoln again. I can't get enogh of those tasty tasty PCBs [cool][/#505000]
[signature]
all the fish came on carp meat with the exception of one on a worm under a bobber. but the reeds east of pbh north dike is where it's at right now. if you can get to em. just remember to bring something to throw at the wakeboarders. and good heavy line to mucle em out of the reeds.
[signature]
Do the minnows work well with the cats too?
[signature]
[#505000]I only had one good run on carp last week. All the others were on half and whole minnows.[/#505000]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Yes, minnows work well for catfish at UL. I've used chubs, suckers, red side shiners, and carp there. You can use them whole or cut in half with good success. Fish them just like cut bait on the bottom.[/size][/black]
[signature]
I always have a hard time keeping the minnows on my hook, half the time I cast out im thinking my bait flew off my hook. How do you put the minnows on securely?
[signature]
[#505000]I usually "thread" my minnow on the hook and it does the trick. I put the barb in the mouth and guide it all the way through the body and out the tail. This seems to work best for me. The tails are usually a lot more firm than the middle of the fish and the mouths are firm too. Between the two the minnow stays on.[/#505000]
[signature]
I very seldom use minnows , use carp meat with the skin on hardly ever loose bait that way
[signature]
Nice, ill try tying the minnow on, that should work fine. But the Carp meat is just as good and easier to keep on the hook huh. I'll try em both. Thanks
[signature]