Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blacksmith
Went to the Blacksmith yesterday for the first time in many years. Had no feel where on the river to go so ended up a couple of miles above the "park". Had a good time with Bud. Caught several 10-14 in. trout and a few whites.

Now here's the deal, I release all the trout and keep some whites to eat. Hey, don't knock it! That leaves the trout for you guys. Both Tube Dude and I enjoy the whites.

So - Would appreciate any info from you guys who know the river as to where the better areas for white fish are on the river.

[crazy] Thanks - Leaky
I love catching those whities. I've nailed lots of them 16" to 20" up there and have yet to hook any trout over 16". I've caught lot of nice whities from the area above the impoundment all the way to Hardware. I've seen whitefish well over 20" in the Hardware meadows area. If you need a "guide" to find them let me know.
[signature]
Thanks fishnate,

I didn't realize there were other crazies! Better not post on those "other" fly fishing forums or they'll tear you apart. That's one of the many reasons I like it here. They aren't a bunch of elitists!

[crazy]Leaky

You know that the logan and the weber are very well endowed with whitefish populations too!
I like to catch those torpedos.
[signature]
When I was teaching myself how to fly fish , in the winter I would go to the Weber and practice on the whiteys . What a blast , I had many 30 plus days . March can be awesome if the BWO are out and you can hook them on drys along with some trout . tight lines
[signature]