Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE BERRY NEWS !!
[crazy] Went to Strawberry today . Got there at 7:40 am , late as I sometimes can be . Loaded up my ATV and sled and went to my spot I found last week . Slow again , 2 fish bent my hooks , 1 popped off right at the hole , and landed one 17" Cutt .Bites were on the glow rat finkee and green foxee jig with wax worms . The bite stop for me at 9:00am .Ice in spots is getting questionable . I got some pics of today (1 hour photo/ scanner ) but don't have a clue on how to post them . Some one help me !! PM me if you can help !! I got one of a sled you must see !!!!!!!! tight lines ~~~----

[Image: berryice2120030001.jpg]

[Image: icesled0001.jpg]

Just added your pics[Wink]. Troy
[signature]
There is some open water to watch out for . I watched this guy go after his sunken snowmobile today . He was lucky it was not that deep where it went thru . Some of the big cracks I pulled up to I seen water coming up . I decide to call it a day . This open water is by old Indian Creek dike . It can be trick getting by it . Be carefull out there . P.S. Ice fishin god , I wouldn't drive a semi on it now . at least not where I was at ! LOL
Oh yeah , Thanks again Teroy
[signature]
I have been trying for years to understand snow mobilers. Just cant figure it out.
[signature]
Must have something to do with age or matcurity I would think. I have a 1953 forest green chevy station wagon on the bottom of that lake. It broke through the ice in 1968 and it took three days to sink. No one would dare go out and try and retrive it even back then. But hey i was just a kid and we were having some fun on the ice just off the old Camp Strawberry. I wouldn't even think of doing soemthing like that today ....... what was I thinking!
[signature]
The good news is, semis make excellent artificial reefs.

IFG
Hey road where is that fine piece of structure? I might have to go fish over it next time I am up there. [sly]
[signature]
Hey Road
Have you ever gone back and tried to catch some fish hanging out in your station wagon. That car would make some good cover for the fish to hang around. If you could find it again, you should try ice fishing over it. I have heard of crappies in Strawberry and that would be a good place to find some. Has anybody else caught some crappies in Strawberry? Let me know. Wiper24
[signature]
This sounds like a good story to tell on the ice . When my boat was running I would troll thru that area in the summer and pic up kokes and cutts . I will have to look for a hump now .Need to get a GPS Too .
[signature]
Went to the Soldier Creek side (2/1/003) about half way from the freeway to the dam on the East side and caught 10 fish between 8:30 and 10. Slot sized cutt's and smaller rainbows. Moved to the west side in search of some bigger fish and got nothing. At 11:30 we went over to the Strawberry side, because the fish we've been catching over there seem to be larger. 4 more fish and the rest of the afternoon later we called it a day and went home, and for the last day and a half I've been replaying in my mind the sight of my friend sprinting towards his mister jigger (on the most slippery ice around) and setting the hook on the run (or slide).
[signature]
Hey Pred about as close as I could pin point it today would be to say that it was about 100 to 125 yards north and a bit northwest of the old camp alomost parelle with the point. That was a long time ago but when I think about it, it always puts a Smile on my face. Did any of us ever really think when we were that young? I think I will pull out my fishin map and see if I can locate the area and when it thaws, heck maybe before the thaw see if I can locate it.
[signature]
There's crappies in the Berry??? I'll have to check that out, but it would not surprise me one bit. I caught a couple of browns there last year that they said didn't exsist. But they are not saying that today as they took pictures and wanted to keep the fish. But being the nice guy I am it just kind of slipped out of may hands and back into the lake. I sure hoe to catch it again when it gets a bit bigger!
[signature]
ram4x,
Thanks for your addition and:WELCOME TO THE GREAT AND GROWING BFT MESSAGE BOARDS!
[signature]
Strawberry Res. is my favorite place to fish. Never ice-fished it though. I love getting there in the Springtime. The biggest trout I've ever caught was there at the Berry, about 3 yrs. ago. Ultra Lt. outfit with 6 lb. test. Fishing from the bank, a 6 lb. Rainbow/Cutt Hybrid grabbed a crawler- took me 20 minutes to get him in. Needless to say, my buddies rushed over to my spot and didn't catch a thing! Meanwhile I pulled in another 3 lb. Cutt while they cussed at me!

Can't wait to get back to the Berry!

Derek
[signature]
Hay rapala,
You snuck in on me! "WELCOME TO THE GREAT AND GROWING BFT MESSAGE BOARDS!"
[signature]