Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat pictures/Utah Lake
Here's some pics of Leaky and I and our fish out on Utah Lake last Tuesday. Enjoy.

Here's the weedline
[Image: weedline.jpg]

The Launchpoint
[Image: launchpoint.jpg]

The weedline going north
[Image: Lakeview.jpg]

The old airport roadbed
[Image: oldroadbed.jpg]

One of the first cats
[Image: netkitty1.jpg]

Another Catfish
[Image: netkitty2.jpg]
[signature]
Here's some more.

Here's my big female I took home
[Image: femalekitty1.jpg]

Here's Leaky's first cat
[Image: Leakysfirstcat.jpg]

Here's the cat landed.
[Image: Leakysfirstcat1.jpg]

One of the daddy cats
[Image: Daddycat.jpg]

Closeup of "Big Papa"
[Image: daddycat1.jpg]

Ugliest cat I've ever caught... His eye was completely grown over... YUCK!!!
[Image: ugliestcatever.jpg]
[signature]
Final Pics

Heres some more shots of my truck and a couple more catfish.
[Image: kittyinhand.jpg]

[Image: bigmama.jpg]

Mobile Fish Getter
[Image: MFG.jpg]

Catfishing Delivery Rig
[Image: CDR.jpg]
[signature]
Couldn't see any of your pics. Just red X's. Any help? I'd love to see the pics.[Sad]
[signature]
cool pictures. thanks for sharing. [cool]
[signature]
Hey Smitty... I'm not computer smart enough to tell you how to view the pics but if you want to PM me with your email address, I can email them to you. I don't know if you want to do that but maybe the Dude can tell you how to change your viewing format to see them... they come out ok on my computer and I guess Ironworker was able to see them....
[signature]
RiverRat it's good to see another fisherman out there with a truck line mine!
Nissan's will last forever with reg oil changes! Yours looks newer than my '88.

Oh yeah, nice pics too!
[signature]
Yep, I love it... Beat it up and it still keeps going. I've had it in all sorts of freaky places... bad roads and all that. Its my little energizer bunny. Its a 91 with super low miles from the previous owner so I'll have it until it dies on me.... Its still under 150 K by far.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'm thinking that RR copied them from another website he has them uploaded on. Depending on your software and your settings they may not display on your screen.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have the dreaded RED X, right click on the X and choose "Show Picture". If that doesn't work for you, let me know and I will copy them in Jpeg format and add them to the post that way too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks TD. I did try the right click, show pic thing, but with no success. RR was kind enough to send me the pics via email so dont' worry about JPEGing them. Those are some nice cats. He has nothing but good to say about you, and credits much of his cat fishing success to you. I've got to plan a trip to Utah lake to try my luck at hooking onto some of them myself. I hear you have some good catfish recipes.[Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks. We all do what we can to share what we can pass along. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here is a link to a post I did a while back on filleting and cooking catfish. [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=142538;#142538"]CATFISH FILLETING[/url][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am also attaching my recipe for Kitty Krispies. The main idea is to cut the larger cat fillets into strips, so that they cook more thoroughly. Also, using a dry coating instead of a batter or egg wash helps make sure that the outside is not brown before the fish inside is completely cooked. That stuff works good for lighter fleshed fish, but is not good for kitty cookin'.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you have not got a good trip to the lake before July 8th, plan on joining some of us at Lincoln Beach. We are planning an all day thing with fishing, fish fry and all that stuff, finished off with some nightime cattin' too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
(Homer Simpson voice) MMMMM. Kitty Krispies.

Thanks for the invite and the recipes and the fillet tutorial. I'll see about the 8th, but I don't know if I can wait that long. I've got to find a way to break away from my busy schedule and go fishing! I love BFT!
[signature]