Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henrys Lake
Henrys Lake is fishing great during the early morning and late evening around Staleys and Targhee Creek. Pick one and fish it hard during those times. Big fish and many 3-4 pound cutts with some huge brook trout showing up.

Good Luck

Bill
[signature]
Bill: I was there in late October last year. Planning a couple of trips this year. Local fellow told me the heat of mid-summer "softens" the fish making them less palatable? One thing we really enjoyed was grilling a 20"er every couple of days. Can you comment? Burt.
Just received via online order purple showgirls and olives from the little Ashton store. Purples were the ticket last fall flipping them right next to the shore in the evening.
[signature]
It might be a few days until he gets back to the computer.
My personal experience with July & August Henry's fish is exactly as you discribed. If you put them on ice right after you catch them they will turn out better than leaving them on a stringer in warm water.
[signature]
Thanks, Brian. I'll probably wait now until late September or October then go over again during the November extension if its not too cold... Burt.
[signature]
Henry's should be good fishing this fall. I'm sure bsflies will continue to give reports of all of those big fish he has been exercising. I would like to fish it this fall but I don't think I will get around to it. The little spare time that I have this fall will be spent hunting. I normally do most of my hunting in September and October but this year I finally got lucky and drew a November elk tag.
[signature]