Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of rods do you have?
[blush][#800000][size 4]Ok, its time to get down right personal. What kind of "sticks" do you have or had? ie, rods [/size][/#800000]

[#800000][size 4][/size][/#800000]

[#800000][size 4]I have 7 south bend, 3 lightening, and 2 millenium ice fishing rods. I have about 10 different styles of Quantum Snapshot reels.[/size][/#800000]

[#800000][size 4]I also have: Spinning rods- 2 Gloomis ma[#800000]g[/#800000]-light GL2's, a Loomis Walleye, Loomis GLX/GL3 medium(actions), Loomis GL3 med-hvy, and about 10 other Lightening rod/Quantum/Abu Garica/kmart speicals.[/size][/#800000]

[#800000][size 4]Baitcasting: Loomis IMX med-hvy, Loomis IMX med, Shimano Jimmy Houston med, both a 6 and 6 1/2 Berkley Series One, a Bass Pro XPS med-hvy, and a Hank Parker [/size][/#800000][#800000][size 4]Berkley Lightening Rod heavy action.[/size][/#800000]

[#800000][size 4][/size][/#800000]

[#800000][size 4]I had to amend this to just rods, cause I took up too much space by myself. We'll reels maybe next week.[/size][/#800000]

[#000080][size 3]I forgot my 2 fly rods. A courtland 9ft 5wt and a white river 9 ft 5wt.[/size][/#000080]

[#800000][size 4]tommy[/size][/#800000]
[signature]
The popularity of your boats post was pretty good. Lets see if you can get the same results out of this one. Fenwick and Aspen for this boy, with a couple quality quantum ultra lights. Looking to get a BNM for the panfish.
[signature]

[Smile] Were shall I start?spin rods?bait casting?fly rods? Ice rods?
Nah, I won't bore you guys with details.
lets just say it took Amanda 3 hours just to invantory them.
[signature]
[size 5]You know the one that dies with the most rods wins !!!!!!!!!! oh my Doug Miller on , got to go !![/size]
[signature]
I have an Eagle Ice fishing rod with a Shimano reel on it. Today I bought a Shakespeare 6'6" Medium/Heavy rod and a Penn 309M Level wind for my muskie trolling this spring[Wink]. I have a 7 or 8 more rods and reels locked up in my boat. When I go get it out of storage to mount my new fishfinder I will post the rest[Smile]
[signature]
Ok here's what I use most often, and lets say they are ........ well lets just say they have character (a couple are older than me)

Favorite rod is a Yellow med action 6' Sportsman (company now out of business), An Ugly stick med action 6'6". a shakespere ice rod, A Roddy Matic I thin it is 6'4", A gray pole that ha all the identifing marks worn off but is ultra sensative (the says I should take lessons), A bear River med action ultra light tip 7'2" and last but not least and Abu Garcia Vantage Plus one piece 6' med/hvy action pole.

Now that is what I keep in the bed room, if more is needed I will have to go to the basement for the rest.
[signature]
Well don't know where to start . I really love my St Croix premier rod . It's my jigging rod .I have 5 fly rods , 3 Fenwicks (a broken Iron Feather ) , St Croix , and old glass fly rod . I have many other Kmart types (Zebcos) and about 4 ultra lites that have been shorting by trunk lids and windows . I have 5 ice fishing poles now and one of those fancy tip ups . Just in case I take some kids ice fishing with me . I got 3 trolling rod with the leaded line . I did buy me a down rigger so can't wait til the boat is up and running to check it out . Couple of ugly sticks spinning rods . Most of my stuff is spinning , never learned how to cast the level line reels , Yet . Really want to get me a new ultra lite this spring . Just my humble collection with some broken at some time .Just never got the nerve to bury them yet . To many memories with some .
[signature]
Wanted to try my new digital camera and what better way to test it then to take a pic of my new Penn. Watch out Muskies, here I come[sly][sly]

[Image: Penn.jpg]
[signature]
[cool] [#800000][size 4]Saweet outfit. Now, thats something I don't have. [/size][/#800000]
[signature]
Thank You. The Base Exchange has had 3 of them sitting there since the early fall season. So I figured for 90 bucks, I better pick one up, seeing how my last medium/heavy action rod fell apart. They have 2 left if anyone is interested, I believe they are heavy action though

*Edit*

Ok, I cant lie. I really love the DEEP click the Penn's put out when something starts rippin the Drag. But then again, this coming from a guy who loves the tire growl from his 36" Super Swamper tires [sly][sly][crazy]
[signature]
1 Fenwick-Trolling, 3 Shakespear-Trolling, 2 Shakespear- Spinning, 1 Billy Westmoreland-Spinning, 1 Shimano-Spinning Ultra Light, 1 Renegade-Spinning, 2 Abu Garcia-Casting, 1 BP Bionic Blade-Baitcasting, 1 Zebco Rhino-Spinning, and 1 Quantum-Baitcasting.

I may not finish with the most toys, but I'm darn sure gonna finish in the top 10 :-)

Mike (Boatiac)
[signature]
[#ff0000][size 3]I’m a build-it-yourself kind of guy. I’ve made and remade every kind of pole there is. I like refurbishing old poles like that broken tip one in the attic that your grandfather gave to you. That’s my usual cold winter night kind of hobby. [/size][/#ff0000]

[size 3] [/size]

[size 3] [/size]
[signature]