Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a thought?
I have noticed how many times we post on certain subjects and reports. What if we had each body of water set as the subject and we just kept posting on the same thread. They would get long but you could see alot of history on a body of water and we would not have near the number of new threads always starting. I think this method would really help those out just wanting to check out a specific body of water. Then you could just put a notifier on that specific thread. I just feel like I am always going through pages to look back on a post or a thread. It would be nice if we could just go to Bear Lake or Porcupine and see all the posts and reports. What does everyone think?

tightline
[signature]
[Smile]Sounds like a great idea to me! Sure would save a lot of time when deciding at the last minute where to go on a quick trip.
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]It is a good idea. Unfortunately, posts have a tendency to slide down the page if there are no posts to made to them. There is a "sticky pad" option that is supposedly being looked at that allows us to keep a few threads at the top of the page. This is not available yet so for now we'll just have to make due. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Another thought might be a sub-directory that is called "Fishing Holes" or something like that and just has posts of diffent bodies of water. I'll look into it.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Sounds great to me too! [Smile] I would love to read reports from specific waters without having to search through all the threads.

EmuScud
[signature]
I think the "sticky pad" thing would be great. At the same time as long as we kept up on them they shouldn't get too deep simply because there wouldn't be the need for so many new threads on the same bodies of water. I love the sight as is. I just hope as we grow it gets even better.

Tightline
[signature]
I agree...This would be a great idea and helpful tool in searching through updated reports.
[signature]
[blue][size 2]Am I gonna be the only bad guy here?? I like it the way it is. Personally I'm only interested in fresh info. If I want to research a topic, body of water, etc, I'll use the search feature. Once a post gets too long, it will take too long to load and will lose its effectiveness.[/size][/blue]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Good Points. What's the difference with search and reading or reading 2 years worth the posts? The thing is you know the bottom posts will be the most current and you can read as much or a little as you want. If it's only text, the load time would be not be that long but start adding pics and, you bet, wait in line. All good points to ponder....[/size][/font]
[signature]
I hope nobody minds but I always save the post that I think could be of use on a fishing trip. I have folders in my documents that are named after all the lakes that I fish. When I see one that I like I copy it and paste it in the folder. That way I have all the good info that I might need. So if anybody would like some info on a certain lake just ask. I can email it to you. Some folders are not very big but they have some good stuff thanks to everyone on this forum. I hope I dont offend anybody by saving thier post. Wiper24
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You save all you want; that's what it's for and thanks for offering your resources to everyone. I'm sure there will be plenty of takers.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I like your way of doing things "wiper 24", how"s about telling us novices how to save & file the threads we like on the lakes were interested in? [Smile]. I think you have a good thing going. I for one would like to do the same:
If you can PM me or post a thread.
[signature]
I like the idea, but kinda go with Dennis on this one. I could see the idea working if we were getting tons of new post everyday and it was hard to keep track of, but for now I don't think its needed. Hopefully if things go as planned this board should triple it user base by summer and maybe then we can look a little deeper into it. But also, You have to think that would be alot of stickies also.
[signature]
I think it would be a great idea to have the different bodies of water as our main categories. Everyone can see the newest posts at the top of the list, so I don't think it would be a problem.
[signature]