Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back From Sedona (report)
Sedona was beautiful, I'm a little sick of red though. The surrounding canyon walls were red, all the rocks and soil were red, the sidewalk was red most of the buildings were red not to mention that every other place of business was named "Red Rock" this or "Red Canyon" that.

That brings me to my report [unsure]. My second day there I went down to a place called Sedona Sports (very helpful if anyone is going). I spoke with the guy behind the counter who gave me a good discription of flies to use and where to go. What he didn't tell me was: #1 Arizona, being the desert it is, has very little in the way of year round stream fishing. Thus all creeks, rivers and streams get fished out of trout very quickly. And #2, Being in the middle of monsoon season, although providing more water flow, causes all creeks to turn that ever popular color... RED!!! The place I went was a pretty brick red color, but not good for fishing. I decided to toss a line in anyways with a #8 Black Beadhead Wooly Bugger with some flash. just to see if there was anything below. And WHAM! a little bass (small mouth - big mouth.. no clue, I'm a trout fisherman[Wink]). I landed about 10 of these little guys along with a few bluegill in my 3 hours fishing.

So here's the breakdown: Oak Creek (about 12 miles south of Sedona) - 10 bass all under .5 lb. and 2 or 3 bluegill.

All were caught using various colored wooly buggers (Black, Brown and Olive).

Not a bad trip in all thouogh.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Great report! I feel your pain. All that heat and RED! on top of it. Isn't red suppose to make people violent, never mind.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Glad you got into fish. Bass fight pretty darn good eh?[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Tight Lines to you and all,[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]FG[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]