Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
night fishing @ Jordanelle
I'm brand new to the board. I live in cache valley and don't fish south too often. My question is: Where should I go and what tips do you have for night fishing (fly fishing primarily) at Jordanelle or Deer Creek during the full moon next week? I'd like to target the bass, but anything will be fun. My rod coices run from 2-7 weights. Also, no motor on the canoe. Do I have any options?? -- Daytime tips for the bass would be great as well. Thanks.
[signature]
That is an excellent question. I have never heard of anyone night fishing at either lake, so have never thought about it. With a full moon, that is the way to go however, cause they will feel all night and make the days a little slow.
With the heat, I would say to go as deep as you can. And when going deep, try PURPLE.
Sorry I can't be more help on that one, but looking forward to the answers.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there bassonthefly and welcome to the Fly Fishing board. Fly fishing at night? Humm never tried it but that doesn't mean you can't catch fish at night with a fly swatter. Flygoddess mentioned a purple fly - that will work but perhaps maybe even better when fly fishing after dark, the only color of fly to use is probably black.
It's easier for the fish to see the silhouette of the fly against the night sky,which believe it or not, is never truly black. The black edges on the fly pattern make it easily distinguished as a target for the fish. Now I know you can't see the fly, but that won't matter. Never, ever, ever, use white or light colored flies after dark. You will simply spend most of the night 'washing flies.'
[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Suggestions: Zulu, Ace of Spades, Black Zonker, Black Muddler, Viva, Angus, Beastie. [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Let me know how you make out. I might want to try fishing by moon light instead of a hot blistering sun. Good luck.
[/size][/green][/font]
[/font]
[signature]