Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mud Lake (Utah Lake)
Hit Utah lake this morning with Frozenover and my daughter's boyfriend, Scott.
We were on the water by 7 am.
The water is somewhat lower and it is very muddy right now.
We fished until 1 pm. I caught one channel cat and one mud cat. Scott caught one channel cat and Frozenover caught four white bass and one mud cat.
Our little hot spot really shutdown.
We were guessing the storms may have shut the fishing down.
A very slow day over all, but we did introduce a new fisherman to the joys of float tubing. Scott enjoyed being out on the water in a float tube.
Scott just returned from Iraq a few weeks ago and was itching to get some fishing in, we were just disappointed that the fish didn't cooperate with him.
[signature]
Sounds like you had the same experience as I did, see my report for 8/04. What's happening?
Leaky
[cool][#0000ff]Water levels are dropping on a lot of lakes and that creates a transition time. Fish move away from the structure and holding areas they have been used to and are looking for new homes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The pogo stick barometer and changing winds don't help much either. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Wait for things to stabilize, and have a couple of days in a row of decent weather and you can search out the fish in their new patterns.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks, doesn't look like I will be able get out for awhile, but hopefully, when I do get out, it will be better.
[signature]