Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow! New Tiger Musky Lake!
I found this on Wayne's Site and thought it might be of interest.

"We caught these Tiger Muskie on Saturday July 22 from Johnson Reservoir near Fish Lake, UT.
The Musky were both about 30-32". We each caught 1. Had 2 others hooked, but lost them."

WAYNE'S NOTE:
How is this Lake Powell Related? The little tiger muskie were grown at our Wahweap Fish Hatchery in Big Water, UT before being stocked in Johnson.
We also grow hybrid striped bass or "wipers" for Willard Bay near Ogden. That too is an excellent fishery with new state record (7 pound) fish caught recently.
Next week we will stock wipers in Enterprise Reservoir, near Cedar City.
We are proud of our efforts in making fisheries in UT so great and more diverse.

[signature]
That guy could catch fish out of a grain field. Good post. Jake
[signature]
[reply]
That guy could catch fish out of a grain field. Good post. Jake[/reply]

So, what does that say about the guys that caught the fish?
[signature]
Wouldn't it be SWEET if some tiger muskies were put in Fish Lake? Since the clown(s) dumped the perch in there some time back they've really exploded. I don't think the mac use them too much as a forage base like they do the chubs & tigers would love those weed beds. Betcha that pond would produce some whopper tigers in a few years. They would probably grow a lot slower in that colder water but they sure wouldn't be hurting for groceries.
[signature]
theres no need to hope for planing in Fish Lake, they are allready there, swam up stream from johnsons. there is more and more caught each year. so far 30" has been the biggest i have heard of.
[signature]
That they are dand good fishermen.
[signature]
What? No one has heard about the 32" Tiger Musky that was recently spear-fished from Fish Lake? It was in the Richfield Reaper.

Only problem is that there is a statewide 40" limit on Tiger Musky! That includes spear-fishing....
[signature]
What new lake??? Johson has had them in for years...[crazy][crazy][cool]

[signature]
Hey, that's me in the picture! Wow...I feel like a real celebrity now that I am on Wayne's World!
[signature]
I noticed one thing in your post that caught my attention, "[size 1]Next week we will stock wipers in Enterprise Reservoir, near Cedar City. "[/size][black] I wonder if this is a second stocking, I thought they stocked that lake last year, anyone know the low down? [/black]
[signature]
I saw the spear fished musky, i posted it up here. I wasnt sure on the regs.

I seems to me that fish lake has been lax on the musky regs.........
[signature]
Actually, I don't think it is Enterprise Reservoir that will be stocked with wipers, but Newcastle Reservoir. Newcastle is not far from Enterprise and was stocked with wipers last spring...spring electrofishing showed that those wipers are in the reservoir and are growing.
[signature]
I thought that was a different lake but it's good to hear they are doing good in Newcastle. I thought Enterprise was closer to Saint George? WH2
[signature]
A musky in Fishlake?

If any one has a link of the article in there paper. I would love to read it. I love that lake.
[signature]