Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass help
Ive been fishing for a while now and i found the best bait for catching bass is plastic worms. What are your most popular bass baits?
[signature]
This is also one of those situationally diverse questions. There are so many factors that determine what will be the most productive lure for any given day, including the mood of the fish. (which we can't predict) And chances are that the lure that worked well the day before might not do it that very next day.

I think all the basic lures, I.E. spinner baits, crank baits, jigs, worms, etc....; have particular situations by which they rule over the others. Rather it be water temp, time of year, or any other factor that may require the use of a particular lure.

My personal opinion is that if you're serious about catching fish, you'll have a lure for each situation you may run accross according to the body of water you fish.
[signature]
Plastic worms have brought most of my fish to the boat, but those days when they may want a beaver, rattle trap,topwater, the list does go on and on. Tarpon4me is right that anyone should have a mixture in your box or you may go home skunked. Thats what I enjoy about bassin, you never know what they may want.[crazy]
[signature]
I tend to like the plastics too. Soooooo many colors ands sizes. If you want a little rattle, you can put inserts in them.

The plastics are also easy to scent with the Pro Cure scent injectors.[cool]
[signature]
Plastic worms certainly bring quite a few bass in for me, but then so do tubes, and spoons, and buzz baits and Snagless Sally...it all depends on what type of water I'm fishing and the general mood of the fish.

Sure, Plastic worms account for a lot of fish, but they're not the only correct bait for all bodies of water and at all times of the year...there is no one perfect bait...but, if I had to pick one and only one bait as being the bait in my tacklebox, it would be the jig.
[signature]
Worms are definitely deadly. The trick is to have a good selection of them in order to provide you with the ability to adapt.
I have even burned worms at the 11h00 rise and nailed the odd piglet.
What I have discovered is that a small bass will often hit at almost anything if you flip or pitch on top of it, whereas larger bass (above 6lb) tend to be a lot more wary so you may have to go through a number of baits and combos before hitting the jackpot.
During the spawn however, even bursting hawgs will smack at any soft/weightless presentation. I have even caught one on a wad of chewed Big League Chew bubble gum.
Fact is though, if you are having a hard time finding them, a worm is often too time consuming. Distance baits like spinner baits or crank baits are can be irreplaceable tools when you have to cover vast stretches of water to search for schools.
I also find that fishing over and behind a lily line will often end up with a lost plastic as the lily's "v" has a knack for snagging your line and though you may gt your hook and line free, the plastic is confiscated by this aquatic "Murphy's" tool.
That's when I reach for heavy spinner baits to rip through this lure stealing foliage. A light spinner bait can also be used as it will simply skitter across the lily caps and that way you can let it drop into holes and slow roll it.

-ABT-
[signature]