Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here we go again!
[size 1][#999999]Last modified: Friday, September 15, 2006
[/#999999][/size]
Gray wolf found dead in Box Elder County
A suspected gray wolf was killed in a coyote trap in Box Elder County in northern Utah earlier this week.
A private trapper reported the animal to USDA Wildlife Services personnel in Salt Lake City, who in turn contacted the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources.
The animal, which appeared to be a 3-year-old mature male and is believed to be a disperser from the Yellowstone area, was sent to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's forensic lab to confirm that it is a wolf and to identify its origin and cause of death.
Wolves were reintroduced back into the Yellowstone and central Idaho area in 1995 and 1996. The number of wolves in Wyoming and Idaho are above recovery numbers and continue to do well.
The gray wolf in the northern Rocky Mountains is being considered for delisting, but in order for Endangered Species Act protections to be removed, the states of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming each need to have adequate state management plans in place.
[signature]
From where was this information taken?
[signature]
Not sure where Brody found his info, but the DWR has it posted on thier website. Good riddance if you ask me.
[signature]
i read it in 2 different newspapers last week
[signature]
ITS ON KSL .COM AND KUTV. THIS IS A BOW HUNTERS WORST FEAR. THEY ATTACK IN GROUPS. THAT MAKES BOW HUNTERS VULNERABLE. AND ITS ILLEGLE TO CARRY A SIDE ARM WHILE BOW HUNTING. IF WOLVES ESTABLISH HERE SOME LAWS GET TO CHANGE OR PEOPLE WILL DIE.
[signature]
I got it from the dwr website.
As far as guns go, get your concealed carry, and you won't have to worry about it.[Wink] You can have a concealed weapon on an archery hunt.
[signature]
I wish all wolves could be killed off in Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming. I don't think our herds can sustain them. I of heard of a one or 2 sightings in Rich County in the past 5 years. Its just a matter of time before they establish themselves here.
[signature]