Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEER CREEK.....OF COURSE.
HAS ANYONE BEEN BY OR HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT DEER CREEK LIKE THE WATER STIFFNESS OR SOFTNESS LATELY. ANY STORIES OF FISH ACTION HAPPENING THERE? I AM TRYING TO FIGURE WHERE I CAN GO FOR A DAY TRIP 5AM TO DARK....THE NEXT NIGHT.....AND JORDANELLE OR DEER CREEK ARE MY TWO PREFERRED DESTINATIONS. HOW IS THE PROVO RIVER PLAYING OUT TWEEN THE TWO???? IF IT WATER AND IT HOLDS FISH, ILL DIP MY FLY IN. THANKS!!!

LATES,
[signature]
I went up to Deer Creek the other day, we fished about 25' from the island. I wouldnt recommend going out on the ice, it is quite thin in spots, at the thickest point it was only about 3-4 inches, there was a lot of cracking and popping and you could see water coming up between some of the bigger cracks. The fishing was fairly slow during the day, but picked up toward evening, we limited out on big beautiful bow's between the 2 of us, and caught 4 perch on green rat finks. The bait of choice for the bows,was worms tipped with green marshmallows right off of the bottom, every other bait that we used didnt seem to attract anything.
[signature]
Went floating at Deer creek yesterday. Water is temp is around 40 degrees. Most fish were hagin near the bottom in 30 to 40 foot depths. A few were suspemded around 45/52 feet in 75 feet of water. The bite was slow but picked up as I jigged the ice flow at the Wallsberg Channel. The six boats that were on the lake seemed to do no bettr. I only talked to three of them and I caught more fish than they did.

Shore fishing was better in that area than was boating or tubing. I had truoble satying in one spot as the wind kept blowining me away. On the way in I marked schools of fish about 30 to maybe 40 feet from the shore. They were all sitting about a foot off the bottom. I didn't get a signle bite from then though. They were hitting a white tube jig tipped with a piece of nightcrawler. Also a white foxxee w/pink head tipped with nightcrawler. The shore fishermen were using power bait and were doing ok. Everything I hooked (that I landed any way) was a bow between 14 and 16 inches. The ice is unsafe in my opinion, though I did see more than a few people on it. Well I hope this helps good luck and save some fish for the rest of us.
[signature]