Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windy at the Berry 10/04
Hit Strawberry today with MGB and a buddy. The wind blew 10-20 non-stop from the second we hit the water. We still had a good time - boated around 45 fish during the morning despite the tough conditions. MGB is a good guy and I enjoyed having him aboard. Water temp is around 51.7, we couldn't fish real shallow like I prefer today with the pointers because of the wind, but we did alright a little deeper and had a couple of hot streaks with the jigs. We did manage 3 or 4 over the slot, including two in the 24" range as the pics show. Not our top day this fall but still fun.
[signature]
Good job, and nice pics!
[signature]
Thanks for the report . I seem to hook the bows better on the windy days up there . I sure hope to get up there before the ice sets in this year . Maybe I'll hit it from shore this weekend . Nobody ever fishes it from shore on this board much . Should be getting good from shore .
[signature]
MGB said you were good a trolling bows up there. Hopefully you can get out and have some success. I talked to a guy fishing white tubes from shore on the W side of Jakes Bay last week, said he did pretty well, especially in the evening,.
[signature]
great report and pictures.
looks like you had a god time even with the w%^$. can't say that word. i can't wait till its hard deck time.
thanks for sharing. [cool]
[signature]
Don't say ice yet, let's enjoy the fall!!
[signature]
We were up there yesterday afternoon ( Tuesday 10/3) to dusk/dark. Overall great afternoon with just a little wind that started around 5pm. Vertical Jigged East of the ladders area and it was HOT for the first hour then died off fast. A 10 Mph wind came up so we decided to just wind drift the area and bounce jigs off the bottom- action became very hot again. When the wind died, so did the action. Amazingly, we hooked as many rainbows as we did cutts? While some of the Bows were large, the largest of the day was a HUGE cutt over the slot. At dusk, we decided to hit the back of a Bay ( I think it's called Jakes) throwing pointers and black fly's to the shoreline. Action was almost non-stop until to dark. Considering we got on the water around 2:30 PM, we had one of the best fishing trips ever on the Berry. Fall at the Berry is the best time of year for fishing and taking in the awesome beauty of the area. [Smile]
[signature]
Nice fishies! Too bad the wind was so rough on you guys all day. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Thanks for the trip to the berry, I've been wanting to get up there with you guys to see how the pros fish it this time of year. I don't fish strawberry on weekdays but I thought it would be worth taking the day off and I was right, I had a great time. Piscispursuit got us on the fish right from the start and did a fantastic job controling the boat and keeping us in a comfortable casting distance to the weed lines.

After you left I tried casting from shore for another two and a half hours, had about three strikes and zero hook ups then it started to rain so I called it a day.

Thanks again Chris.
[signature]
Great report Chris. I have learned at on between you and MGB. I hope to get out there with both of you one of these days. I plan on hitting the Berry a few more times in October. I am going next week, just not sure which day yet. Anyway, you guys sure know how to nail them up there. Great job
[signature]