Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DUCK HUNT OPENER!!
12.5 hours till hunt opens[Smile] I'm so excited been waiting 8months for this day!! not going to be able to sleep tonite so heading out around 1am get something to eat then out to my secret spot and wait....
[signature]
Hey Wayne, I think you secret spot is about 1000 other guys secret
spot. are you going to farmingtom again this year ?? later chuck
[signature]
I'm pretty excited as well. I just hope the stupid people wait till 8 before pulling the trigger. Good luck to all going out.
[signature]
FB sucked! people were all shooting at 7am and ruined it for all of us law biding hunters and the rain never gave up all mornin until about 11 then slowed down but ducks were not flying at all[Sad] but still have 106 days left[Smile]
[signature]
This was the worst opening day I've seen. Still got some birds, but heck, with all the rain, it should have been much better than it was. I hate stupid ignorant people.
[signature]
Shot 3 ducks and have now come to to the conclusion; I need to
learn how to shoot again. I should have easily had 3 or 4 more more. Oh well, it was fun to just get my kids out.
[signature]
I went to Harold Crane (I think thats what it is called) just south of willard. I hunted there the last three years. The last 2 years everyone in our group (9 one year and 11 the other) all limited out easily. This year only 4 of us went and we got 5 ducks total and it wasn't cause of bad shooting. There were very few birds flying all morning. Usually for the first hour they are everywhere! It sucked! Most of the ducks split at 7 AM when the idiots started shooting. I'm pretty irritated that the DWR can't get something as important as the opening day start time right in the proclamation!! Don't they have someone proof read the proc's before printing! I'm sure everyone out there knew they shouldn't be shooting til 8 but with it in writing in the proc that it starts at 7 the ticket would never hold up in court. Too bad the idiots had to ruin it for everyone else! The rain never stopped and the w#&^ blew about 15-20 MPH all morning. Usually that is good duck weather! So basically it sucked. A lot of work for very little action!
[signature]
Yea rain is usually pretty good for duckhunting but nothin better than WIND! that is the best time to hunt ducks.
[signature]
11 birds and a goose between 3 of us for 5 hours of effort for the opener. 14 birds for 2 today. Overall not a bad way to start the duck season.
[signature]
Glad i went and shot an elk instead!
[signature]
Went back out today to FB little better day than the opener! got lots of shots but need more pratice only managed 2 GWT & 1 drake Pintail and I would of never got that Pintail if wasn't for my dog chasing halfway cross the pond and retrieving it never giving up like she never does[Smile]
[signature]